Ayu bowan travellers !
Im Marcus , a Sri Lankan guy . i want to make this world a better place. i got some ideas involved in the eco-logic, right now im renovating a very nice place formerly called Royal Lounge (if you want to check on the Internet).
Our project is to create something that we would be proud of, that could make people think, send a positive vibe and a nice message through our place. The place englobes a vegetarian restaurant, an eco camp (cabanas and tent houses) and a puppy shelter. The place will open in a few weeks so we also are willing to hear any ideas coming from you eco-workawayers !
We are situated in Kitulgala, the famous waterafting and canyoning place of Sri Lanka, directly by the Kelani River. So you can also provide help to our friends, the 39 Team, if you want to know more about those activities as well.
Our land is quite big and there is a lot of things to do, precisely because we have a lot of ideas. So we need plenty of help to make this place a little paradise. Even the craziest ideas are welcomed ! We always want to go further in the eco and loving movement we are trying to spread.
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cocinar para toda la familia
Ayuda en una granja
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Cuidado de animales
Trabajo de caridad
This is above all a family story. Not from the blood, but from the heart. All the people working here have the same idea of spreading a loving message for humans, animals and Earth. So if you share our point of view, feel free to come, at least to say hi ! We would be glad to welcome you in our team and make you live a great experience.
We have plenty of different activities so we bet you will find what you like here. A lot of different people work here and they all can teach you what they know, from Sri Lankan recipes to learning about the culture and the language (Morgane is still struggling to learn Sinhala). And in the same way, you can teach them whatever you know ! Sharing is caring, right ?
We really want you to come as guests and to leave as friends.
We really need any kind of help, from giving ideas to actual building and gardening. You can come with your own projects, and you can even tell your opinion on ours!
Here are a very short and incomplete list of all you can do here :
- Add vegetarian or vegan recipes to our menu and teach us your favourite meals
- Plant vegetables and trees, take care of the organic garden that we are currently creating
- All kinds of creative works (decorations, little DIY's of your idea, building furniture from recycled items, art painting, convert the beach side...)
- Take care of the dogs from the shelter (food, petting, vet, bath...) and help us rescuing them everywhere. We are also planning of having soon a cow, goats and ducks if you want to help taking care of them as well
- Help our water rafting team and learn
And those are the plans we have and that you can be a part of :
- New marketing projects : partnership with an organic Sri Lankan brand of cosmetics, selling handmade tote bags from the old ladies around, selling jewels handcraft from Marcus' sister (these sells would help us improve the dog shelter)
- Find nice hiking trails around the place (a lot of beautiful waterfalls in the jungle are waiting for you to discover)
- Help us with eco systems such as building a well or cleaning our pond, and any other ideas to minimize are carbon impact
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
You can either sleep in cabanas or tent houses. We can probably try to provide a room if the camping life is not your stuff.
Obviously, 3 meals a day. And the free use of the restaurant kitchen.
During your two days off per week, you can go visit the place around : Adam's Peak, Balilena cave, Makandawa Forest Reserve, the filming site of the Oscar award winning River Kwai's Bridge by David Lean, the classical car museum.
And during your spare time : enjoying a bath in the river, hiking around, Water rafting / canyoning, birdwatching, waterfalls...
Marcus has a (shitty) car and a lot of friends, if you ever need us to drop you somewhere :)
420 friends happily welcomed
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Este anfitrión ha indicado que le encanta acoger a nómadas digitales.
Más de dos
5 hours a day x 5