From: Hong Kong
France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Spain
01/07/2017 - 31/03/2018
Hello my future host :)
This is Raquel and I will be in Spain from July onward. I am currently on a job break and looking for ways to make life more meaningful - HELPING OTHERS.
Being a new joiner, I might not as experienced as others but what I believe is that only ATTITUDE matters. Everything I do from Workaway is NOT work at all, they are things that make people closer.
I am cheerful, adaptable, responsible and always enjoy making new friends.
[A side note: Sunflower is my favourite as it always reminds me to look at things POSITIVELY]
I would like to make my Workaway experience REWARDING, to both my host and myself, in different perspectives and I am open to all sorts of tasks in different places:
- I like to "get my hands dirty" (literally) because it means total involvement.
- I could never forget the crispiness and sweetness of freshly picked vegetables. They are blessing from our nature.
[Hostel/ Home stay]
- I encountered people from all walks of life in my previous jobs and I like sharing stories and experiences a lot.
- Very often I receive compliments for being responsive and very attentive to people's needs.
- Yoga is my keen hobby which always gives me peace of mind.
- Cooking is satisfying as that makes both my tummy and people happy.
- Enthusiastic about DIY and hands-on projects. One of my favourite pastimes is crochet.
- Language exchange with English, Mandarin and Cantonese. (Además voy a tomar clases en Madrid en julio para mejorar mi español)
...and more. Let's contact and explore more possibilities. Hope to see you soon!!
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
As a newbie in Workaway, yet I am not new in volunteering:
- Environmental: Tree-planting, tour guiding for raising the green alert;
- Cultural: Most memorable experience was a recent upcycling project from which the locals can benefit;
- Community: Frequent visits to homes of the elderly and orphanages;
- Academic: Free tuition to underprivileged children....
- And please help me make my list longer ;)
English, Madarin, Cantonese, Spanish (learning)
Some might feel strange about my number of friends on FB. My account got hacked and I have just created another FB account :(
Well, maybe this is life but when things happen unexpectedly, we can always make it better by changing the way we think...
Isn't it nice to have a brand new account for journaling all my Workaway experience well from the beginning? And hope you will one of them on FB, my dear hosts and other Workawayers ;)
Special dietary requirements