No countries selected
01/04/2019 - 31/12/2020
Hello out there,
I grew up on a small farm in a very small and remote town in central Germany, up to an age of 12.
When starting university I moved to a small city in the Thuringian forest (also central Germany). Or, more precise, to a small town next to that city. The landscape there is similarly lovely with big forests and hills. The university is very well known for its engineering and computer science graduates.
There I made my Master's degree in Computer Science and worked for 4 years as a professional full-stack software
developer in a research project of a private company. The working conditions were nice, I was basically my own boss, concept, design and implementation were all in my hands with two students supporting me. I also started to make roadtrips across Europe and to dance a lot (couple dance as lead and follow).
All that time, now nearly 10 years, I lived in a students dorm. This is not only a very cheap and easy way of living fitting my minimalist's needs. It also provides a high fluctuation in its residents, so I met a lot of different people from all over the world. And while I am usually not too much into their culture I am very tolerant to different views, values and traditions.
Since April 2019 I am now travelling Europe to learn new skills (anything really) and have new experiences to figure out where and how to settle down in 2021. Specifically I am looking for a place in nature with animals and garden and tinyhouse (or equivalent).
Usually I am a fast learner, and once I know what to do I do my job in a self-reliant and structured way. I am quite empathic when it comes to animals. Furthermore I am quite patient and do not get stressed out easily. However, I need some quiet and cosy place for my own to process my thoughts and get new energy. This can also be a place in nature. That and some food will keep me happy, I do not need a big room nor fancy stuff.
I get along with everyone quite well. It's really difficult to get into a fight with me.
Here you can find my tour and all the hosts I am so very grateful for giving me the chance to shape and chase my dream:
April 2019 - https://www.workaway.info/567433232128-en.html
May 2019 - https://www.workaway.info/424371836492-en.html
June/July 2019 - https://www.workaway.info/863565616298-en.html
July/August 2019 - https://www.workaway.info/243766813511-en.html
August/September 2019 - https://www.workaway.info/378797586625-en.html
September/October 2019 - https://www.workaway.info/789496391666-en.html
October/November 2019 - https://www.workaway.info/en/host/667582539957
November 2019 - https://www.workaway.info/en/host/437378569641
December 2019 - https://www.workaway.info/en/host/363826771665
January/February 2020 - https://www.workaway.info/en/host/389584374255
March 2020 - https://www.workaway.info/en/host/126796328814
March - December 2020 - at my parents' abandoned farm
Due to Corona I cannot continue my travels as planned and instead will try to survive on my own on our abandonded farm for this year - as a test for my future.
- self-reliant, empathic, open-minded and somewhat introvert metalhead
- fast learner, very organized worker and nuts about animals
- professional Programmer (Java, Search Engine Technology)
- experienced Driver (car, ~35.000km/year)
- experienced Dancer (Brazilian Zouk)
- experienced in Animal Care (Dogs, Cats, Llamas, Alpacas, Goats, Sheep, Chicken, Ponys, Dromedaries, ...)
- some experience in Dog Training and Lama Trekking
- some experience in Photography, Charting, Flyer and Magazine Layout and Print
- some experience in Web Design and Search Engine Optimization
- some experience in Gardening, Firewood, Fencing and the Vineyard
- some experience in Painting, Flooring, Tiling, Carpentry and Roofing
- some experience in Teaching Teenagers (Robotics and Web Design)
- some experience in Cooking and Preserving Fruits
- basic experience in Video Production
- basic experience in Selling at the market
I will bring my own car as long as I am travelling Europe!
I will bring a small robot and material for teaching kids and teens programming and Web Design.
I will bring my Baritone Ukulele and camping equipment (including a tent) as backup accomodation!
Special dietary requirements