I am currently
Activities i am interested in:
Currently exploring the UK. I love walking, running, skiing, horse riding and many more! Looking for fellow travellers to have adventures with mainly in Europe!
I am an active, energetic and physically fit 35 year old, deciding to take a year out to travel, meet new people and have some adventures. I worked incredibly hard in my 20's building my first business and have always felt I missed out on the opportunity to travel then...so it's happening now!!
I want to be involved in projects that help the environment and animal welfare, would love to apply my varied skills to something whilst meeting new people and seeing new places. I'm active and love being outside, walking, running, skiing, swimming and horse riding!
I'm going to use this year to go with the flow a little.
I have a few things pencilled in for this year:
- Portugal - Lisbon has been on my bucket list for a while
- Italy - love the country have visited a few times and want to explore more as I love the culture, landscape and FOOD!
- Learning more about Permaculture and sustainable living.
But for those of you wanting to explore the UK, I will be here too (I live near the beautiful Lake District National Park) and there are plenty of places I haven't seen here, so would be up for a UK trip too with new people :)
InterestsMountainBeachNatureSailing / BoatingAdventure sportsWater sportsWinter sportsCyclingOutdoor activitiesHikingVan lifeCharity workFarmingCarpentrySustainabilityAnimalsPetsArchitectureDIY & craftsWriting
show moreBooksMovies & TVPhotographyBloggingTechnologyCooking & foodSelf development
Skills and knowledge I'd like to share or learn
I'm interested in:Eco ProjectsCharity WorkGardening
Some knowledge of:Animal CareLife at a FarmstayGeneral MaintenanceCreating/ Cooking family meals
Able to teach about:DIY and building projectsHelping with Computers/ Internet
More details about your skills
I've had a fun a varied career and have a broad range of skills to offer any project:
- Property renovation - I have completed several extensive property renovations myself and ran my own property rental business. I currently manage my own rentals and AirBnB.
- Animal husbandry - I can lamb sheep, shear sheep, milk cows, care for pigs/chickens and ride horses (I have worked as a riding instructor)
- Business Management - I work as a freehand business operations consultant offering a range of services for clients in different sectors! Anything from website and booking systems, marketing to business strategy, and even office admin...I can do the lot!
And many more practical skills!
I am a hard worker, friendly and I'm not a bad cook (if I say so myself!)
I love being active in the outdoors, and I do enjoy a good bit of manual labour too.
More details about my language interests
I am keen to learn conversational Italian and some French.
What else ...
I am a keen runner, walker, horse rider and skier. Indoors I enjoy reading, blogging, journaling and evening chats...usually with a nice glass of red in hand!
Some more information
Special dietary requirements
This Workwayer has not received any feedback yet.