01/09/2018 - 01/01/2022
Hi, we are Michelle & Mark and we have been travelling for 2 years now! After leaving our home in Australia, we have been working and volunteering through UK, Europe & Asia. Mark works in Major Sporting events and holds dual citizenship for Britain & Australia. Michelle has 12 years experience working in Administration/Finance in the Police/government department.
We are both hardworking and responsible, well organised and can adapt to different situations. We like to keep things clean and tidy and can do household chores, cooking, gardening and don't mind getting our hands dirty.
We love animals of all kinds and are into yoga, meditation and nature. We are non drinkers and non smokers.
We have helped out at
- Ballyduboy Wildlife reserve in Wexford, Ireland (1 month)
As well as gardening, weeding, looking after farm & animals, we also cemented in 4 posts for deck extension (picture below)
- Villa Vrindavana, a Hare Krishna ashram in Florence, Tuscany (2 weeks)
- Dhammavijaya Meditation retreat in Malaysia (7 weeks)
- Donkey Sanctuary, Spain (3 months)
- House sitting for 3 cats in Spain (9 days)
- Little Easton Manor, UK (6 months)
- Chateau, in Poitiers, France (5 months)
- Sporting volunteers with European Olympics - Games of the Small States in Budva, Montenegro (2 weeks)
- Food For All - Foodbank feeding homeless/students in London, UK (1 month)
- Kadampa Meditation Centre, North London (1 month)
- Kadampa Meditation Centre, Swansea, Wales (3 months)
Looking after animals, gardening, weeding, dishwashing, food preparation
Full duties in running of the Manor House which includes laundry and dishwasher, cleaning and vacuum cleaning. Reorganised storage cupboards, full duties of housekeeping for cottages and bridal suite, set up and clean up after wedding/birthday events. Assisted on the day for events and co-ordinated tasks for the other volunteers.
Donkey Sanctuary - food preparation and feeding, specialist care: cleaning eyes, treating skin infections and tumours, hoof cleaning. Dog walking and kong mixtures. Reorganising storage cupboards and cleaning. Collaborated on Facebook posts to raise awareness. Assisted with set up for Open Day and implemented marketing ideas for donations which made it the most successful Open Day yet.
Quad biking, chopping wood, repair and renovations. Built mailbox and kitchen pantry box, restored/repaired furniture, painting/plastering walls/installation of vinyl flooring, repaired enclosures and fences. Replaced caravan windows, strimming, mowing, driving tractors, fixing chicken coop roof, painting.
36 & 46
Special dietary requirements
Vegetarian (Michelle) Vegan (Mark)