Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden
01/04/2019 - 31/10/2019
I am a 21 years old french girl looking for some experiences abroad. I graduated last year, I have a degree in foreign applied languages but it is not really important. I think that what matters more is the experience, you can find it in the "What else" category if you want to learn a bit more about me.
After a period of "I don't know what to do with my life" I decided to go abroad, to meet people, learn new things and practice the languages I know (and why not learn a new one!). That is why you find me here!
What is important to me is to meet people, learn their culture and learn new things all the time. I am eager to learn and to develop new skills, to get to know new cultures and to talk with anyone wishing to do so!
There are a few important things to me, randomly listed below :
- Respect, communication, honnesty : Those 3 things are more important than anything else to me when it comes to social relationships. It is important to me that anybody can say what works well or not and can be respected by anybody else. Lies are not interesting and do not lead very far so I don't want any of them. Even if the truth can hurt sometimes, it is still much better than lies.
- Music : I am not a musician, I can not even read a music sheet, but I can not spend a day without it. I listen to everything from opera to rock'n'roll, going through pop, classical, french varieties, or metal.
- Books : They are my main source of knowledge, they help me discover new aspects of life, new point of views, new ways of thinking. I learnt a lot about the others and the humanbeing thanks to them. I do not read sociology books but to me any character in any story is very interesting to read about. I also have some old books from the early 20th/late 19th century, about herbalism, medicine, or even inventions and discoveries.
- Meeting people : I speak French (native), English (almost bilingual), Spanish (I need to practice but I am quite good at it) and I learned Swedish when I lived in Sweden. It is still very basic but I work to improve it. To me, speaking various languages is one of the best key to meeting people. That is why I have been studying them. They carry so much about the cultures, the history and people!
- The nature : Walking, hiking and enjoying the nature, discovering new places. The nature gives us such beautiful things to see, I have added some photos of what amazes me. I can stand some time just watching a bird, a sunset, an insect, etc. Respecting the environment obviously goes with that.
- I pretty much like old things. I have recently bought an 1896 sewing machine that works so well! I have a lot of old books too, and I am very interested in history.
I will stop writing about me here, but please, feel free to write to me and to ask any questions if you are interested in meeting / working with me!
(Writing about myself is quite weird and difficult for me, so I apologize if there are any repetition or if it appears more as a list. I tried to make it as clear as possible so you have an overview of who I am)
You are more than welcome to write to me and I will answer as soon as I can!
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
- Speaking foreign languages
- Working with tourists
- Doing house chores
- Basic gardening and very basic building maintenance (though I am eager to learn !)
- Caring about children
- There might be some others but I can not think about them right now, I will add them as soon as they come to my mind.
French, English, Spanish, basic Swedish
If I had to sum up my experience, I would say that I grew up in the country side among a family of 7. I am used to live within a big family, and to take part to any house chores since my childhood. Growing up in the countryside, in a 200 years old house taught me to love old buildidngs, and to maintain them. I am the eldest sibling and I liked pretty much to take care about the youngest. I also have a goddaughter, so spending time with children is absolutely not a problem for me. The same goes for animals, I absolutely love cats but any other animal can get some good care from me !
I have been working in a bakery as a seller when I was a student for about a year (there's always a time when you need some money to pay your rent). This gave me a pretty good experience in handling customers and developping a good customer relationship. Before, I have been working in a castle as a receptionist as a summer job and it was my best experience so far. Working all day long with foreigners was really motivating! As I am writing this, I work as a receptionist at a holiday center and that is why I cannot come earlier to your place.
I have also been living in Sweden for 6 months from January to June 2018 as an Erasmus student. I knew that I loved Scandinavia but I could not imagine I would feel so good there. That is why I am willing to go back to either Sweden or Norway.
It is difficult to exactly know what are ones qualities and default.
I will write some random things about my personnality and I will let you decide whether they are qualities or defaults : perfectionist (not with every single aspect of life though, I can see beauty in imperfect things), generous, caring, fast learner, good listener, sensitive to anything (not in a way that I cry each time I see a kitten, let's be clear ahaha), good cook (at least my friends seem to really really like it when I cook for them!), tidy, motivated by pretty much anyhting when it comes to learning and discovering something new, solitary from time to time (I guess we all need some time for ourselves), shy (a little at the beginning, time to get use to a new situation), very open-minded (even if I disagree, I always try to understand, and to accept things). There might be some aspects I forget, I will add them as soon as they come to my mind.
Special dietary requirements
At home, I eat mostly vegetarian and organic food and I buy local food. Though, my friends and family are not all into this way of life so I am very flexible when I am out of home and I can eat meat if it is planned for a meal.