Italy, Portugal, Spain
24/08/2020 - 04/10/2020
UPDATE - WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
***We are currently looking for a Workaway experience roughly from 19th to 25th September 2020 in SARDINIA!***
We are fully aware of the current Covid-situation and very concerned about our and your health. Therefore, we'll be extremely careful with contacts and personal spaces, and would like you to be as well, perhaps providing a private room/bathroom/kitchen space (we have no problem at all in preparing our own food, considering the situation). We totally understand the need of precautions and are open to fully discuss them with you before arranging anything! :)
WHO ARE WE?
We are an italian married couple that are planning to move in the next months. We both felt in love with the sea, and would like to find our next home in a place next to it ((Mallorca; Balears; Spain; or Sardinia, Italy)). That is why we are looking at WorkAway as a chance for us not only to explore some suitable places, but also to start engaging with local people, learning more about local culture, and so much more!
SOMETHING MORE ABOUT US...
We've been married for almost eight years now (wow!) and together for 11. We share common love for travel, sea, sail (although only Fabio has currently some practical experience with that!), good food, music, nature, health. From one side we are very similar, but from others we also compensate for one another - that makes us always feel like a team :)
WHAT IS WORKAWAY FOR US?
Apart from being a nice opportunity to travel saving some money, we consider WA a great chance for people to meet and make the difference in each other's life. Give some help, work together, talk, as long as respect other people's spaces and needs: that's pretty much what we usually try to do when we travel.
- good English (work proficiency plus 2 years of living in the US);
- expert car driver (almost daily for work), plus sailboat and motorboat license;
- photography (self-learner plus some online and offline classes);
- general house duties, cooking and mainteinance (small repairs, etc.);
- experience in help children and teenagers with studying, especially in scientific subjects;
- good computer skills and data analysis;
- experience with several sports (football, swimming, windsurf, basketball, volleyball, weight lifting, yoga, cycling, etc.) and open to try some more;
- quick and avid learner!
- experience in teaching Italian;
- experience in teaching some English (plus almost 2 years of living in the US);
- computer & social media skills (professional experience in a startup + course);
- writing/editing (e.g. for your blogs, articles, etc.);
- brand new Yin yoga teacher (50 hours training);
- since my studies focused on Tourism, I have some theorical and/or practical experience in organizing and planning events and tours, leading tours and being with tourists, etc.
- interested in quite any anthropological/social/cultural research and with some university and professional experience in those fields;
- general house duties and cooking (I cook and enjoy it almost every day at home, so I can prepare a pretty wide range of different meals; I usually cook choosing healthy options and ingredients - very limited processed food, trying to start from scratch; not much sugar, salt or dressing in general, replacing them with herbs, spices or other natural flavours -, but I am willing to meet other people's preferrences and needs);
- some experience with children;
- some experience with animals (I love them all, mostly cats and except spiders - unfortunately I am aracnophobic, I'm trying to work on that but there's no magic trick for "healing" so PLEASE, tell me in advance if your place is filled up with them or there are some very big ones in your area! I'll try to get ready for that - but at least you won't see me running away and never come back ;D);
- quick learner always willing to learn some more and give her best - just need some instructions and hints :)
30 & 33
Feel free to contact us if you think that our profiles, aims, ways of thinking or something else match. This profile is just our generic presentation, so if we wrote to you we've most likely told you something more about us - and more "fitting" with your profile :)
Special dietary requirements
We don't have any restriction (except for personal preferences), but we're used to eat and prepare healthy and quality food for health and physical reasons