Greece, India, Italy, Portugal, Spain
26/01/2020 - 29/02/2020
I am an italian young woman who loves to travel to discover new cultures, places and points of view, challenging herself with new experiences. I consider myself an introverted, reserved but very thoughtful human being and always willing to help, learn and listen to other people's lives, stories, adventures and cultures. I always respect other people's habits, traditions, opinions and points of view, as long as they respect mines.
I love travels, food, music, tv-series, reading, pondering about almost everything. I am not a very talkative person, but I like to chat about different subjects - from sporadic small talks about the weather to personal interests, from life stories to existential questions about life and death.
On my rational side, I love to plan and organize schedules, solve logic games, discover more about science. I like and dislike a million things, so these are just the main ones ;)
WHAT IS WORKAWAY FOR ME?
Apart from being a nice opportunity to travel saving some money, I consider WA a great chance for people to meet and make the difference in each other's life. Give some help, work together, talk, as long as respect other people's spaces and needs: that's pretty much what I usually try to do in my WA experiences (I already had 2 in Germany, 2 years ago) and expect in return.
SOMETHING MORE ABOUT MYSELF AND MY PERSONAL PATH
- I graduated last year in International Communication for Tourism.
- I studied acting for 2-3 years, then I stopped because I moved to the United States for almost 2 years. Recently I went back to stage for a short play, and I am sure I will do that again in the future.
- I have been married for 5 and a half year now. Not really happy about spending some time long-distance, but I feel like it's something I need to do for me AND for us.
- Currently I am involved in an intership as a funeral director - it's mostly a learning and research work for now.
- I love writing - well, I NEED writing, - I often feel a genuine urge to pick pen and paper or a computer and put my thoughts there. So I always try to have some time each day to do it with the aim to write a book.
- I used to not be very active in the past, but during the last few years I started with some home-workout and now I exercise 5 days/week - it makes me feel more energic and I almost miss it when it's rest day! I hope I can keep on moving in a Workaway scenario, too. I usually workout in the morning before breakfast - for about 15-30 minutes depending on what kind of exercise I'm doing. I also do some regular stretch/yoga - and would be happy to do that with you or in a group! Also, since last year I started with aereal silks, trapeze and lyra - just fyi, I don't have mine to bring with me but in case you have something similar I can try to improvise some easy figures ;)
- I would really love to meet people who care about the environment and are working on some project to preserve it. I always try to do my best in my daily life but I feel like it's never enough - and, oh, how much indifference I see around me. It hurts.
SIDE NOTE - Feel free to contact me if you think that our profiles, aims, ways of thinking or something else match. This profile is just my generic presentation, so if I wrote to you I've most likely told you something more about me - and more "fitting" with your profile :)
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
- experience in teaching Italian;
- experience in teaching some English (plus almost 2 years of living in the US)
- I have been working for an Italian startup for about 3 years, so I have good computer & social media skills
- I love writing/editing and would happily do that for your blogs, articles, etc.
- my studies focused on Tourism, so I have some theorical and/or practical experience in organizing events and tours, leading tours and being with tourists, etc.
- If you are leading some anthropological/social/cultural research I'd be extremely glad to help you with that, since for my internship I am working a little as researcher and it's something that I'd like to carry on; we's also have the chance to compare different cultures and traditions!
- I cook (and enjoy it) almost every day at home, so I can prepare a pretty wide range of different meals; I usually cook choosing healthy options and ingredients (very limited processed food, trying to start from scratch; not much sugar, salt or dressing in general, replacing them with herbs, spices or other natural flavours), but I am willing to meet other people's preferrences and needs; please check my "dietary requirements"
- I can go to the grocery store for you, and help with some basic cleaning and tidying up (also note that I will ALWAYS clean after me and leaving each place as clean as I found it, but please, remember that I'm not your maid!);
- I have some experience with children
- I have some experience with animals and I love them all (mostly cats and except spiders - unfortunately I am aracnophobic, I'm trying to work on that but there's no magic trick for "healing" so PLEASE, tell me in advance if your place is filled up with them or there are some very big ones in your area! I'll try to get ready for that - but at least you won't see me running away and never come back ;D)
- I would try to learn new things as fast as I can! Just give me some instructions and hints, I'll do my best :)
Italian, English, German, Spanish (basic)
Special dietary requirements
I don't have any restriction (except for personal preferences and some food that I digest slower ;D), but I am used to eat and prepare healthy food for health and physical reasons. I usually like to know what I'm eating and pay attention to that. If our e