France, Norway, Spain, United Kingdom
01/07/2020 - 04/09/2020
Energy, good vibes and dependability... to whatever needs doing, when it needs doing.
Living downtown in Canada's capitol, I develop small business websites, coach for health and wellness, and travel several months each year with workaway.
Being a helpful part of someone's family or project is really important to me. With your methods or with my initiative. With energy, respect and love.
Could be ironing, mopping, changing beds, scrubbing showers, sparkling mirrors, raking, pruning, planting, weeding... etc. etc. etc.
Could be art projects, reading and language with children. Our son and daughter are adults now, thriving in different continents.
For eco-projects/renovation: I never tire of repetitive work like moving/ stacking things or removing/ applying grout. Neat with attention to detail.
For websites I coach/ empower you to be in the control seat for your own online content. Also, I build websites for workaway hosts as part of the energy-exchange. A search for my name, 'Ottawa' and 'emberry' will reveal my own site.
Five awesome workaway experiences:
• 3 wks at a B & B (including the business website)
• 2 wks at a vineyard
• 2 wks for photography and website
• 2 wks at a huge property doing daily cleaning
• 1 wk coaching for a business website
- Six months running a Yorkshire Dales B & B (filling in for owner)
- One semester teaching (private) English in Alsace, France
- Ongoing: volunteer administrative work for a community in Ottawa
- Since 2001: building websites (Now exclusively on Squarespace & Shopify platforms). Photography.
- Since 2009: Teaching 'yoga for health and wellness'
Masses of experience in ffod prep/ cooking from scratch. I contribute to your fridge and thrive without grains/ pulses.
The joy and friendship of golden retrievers over 14 sunny years.
(UK and Canadian passports)
General household skills & high standards of cleaning
People support including hospitality
Yoga and meditation
Web design and eCommerce
Teaching English as a second language
Canadian and British
I love working with others of every age and background. I love working alone. Value social time and quiet time.
A task done well + supporting others = happiness
People + projects + progress = life is good!
Special dietary requirements