Canada, France, United Kingdom
18/03/2021 - 22/01/2022
Energy, good cheer and dependability... to whatever needs doing, when it needs doing.
I live in Ottawa, Canada building websites, living 'health and wellness', and (usually) travelling with workaway!
Volunteering with someone's family, project or business is something that I find so inspiring - not to mention that a good day's work brings its own rewards. I love working alone and in together with others... social time as well as personal, quiet time.
There hasn't been a moment of Workaway that I haven't enjoyed because when you are part of a project or a beautiful location, it could be ironing, mopping, laundry, scrubbing, raking, pruning, planting, weeding... etc. etc. etc.
Could equally be art projects, reading and language with children (our son and daughter are adults now, thriving on different continents).
For eco-projects: I never tire of repetitive work like moving/ stacking/reapplying etc. I learn quickly, work neatly, and pay attention to detail.
For websites or ecommerce, I could empower you for the control seat for your own online project, or I can develop (and later maintain) webpages for you as the workaway volunteer. A search for Jan Morgan, 'Ottawa' and 'Emberry' will reveal my own website.
Five awesome workaway experiences:
• 3 wks at a B & B (including their business website), France
• 2 wks at a vineyard undergoing organic certification, Portugal
• 2 wks for photography and website, France
• 2 wks at a huge property in Wales doing daily cleaning
• 1 wk coaching for a business website in Somerset
- Six months running a Yorkshire Dales B & B (filling in for owner)
- One semester teaching (private) English in Alsace, France
- Ongoing: volunteer administrative work for a community in Ottawa
- Since 2001: building websites which are now exclusively on Squarespace & Shopify platforms. Photography.
- Since 2009: Therapeutic yoga coach
I love cooking from scratch, eat light and thrive without grains/ pulses.
The joy and friendship from our golden retrievers over 14 sunny years.
(UK and Canadian passports)
General household skills & high standards of cleaning
People support including hospitality
Yoga and meditation
Web design and eCommerce
Teaching English as a second language
Canadian and British
I love working in teams with every age/background and I love working alone. Value social time and quiet time.
People + projects + progress = life is good!
Special dietary requirements