Chile, Italy, Japan, Peru, Portugal, United States
21/09/2016 - 01/01/2017
Hi there! We are Flora and Rafael, a couple who dreams of seeing the world before starting to build our family. We are both Brazilian and would love to share our culture and hard work with you if you receive us in your country.
Rafael about Flora: besides being the light of my life =) she is very talented! she can play acoustic guitar, chromatic harmonica and sing beautiful Brazilian songs. She is curious by nature, specially about scientific matters (BSc in Biology and MS in Pshychobiology).
Flora about Rafael: my husband is a very hard worker man with high tech skills (BSc in Computer Science and MS in Web Development) who loves pets and children. Whenever you are having trouble with technology, he is the man to call! He is also very friendly and helpful. There is no bad time for him!
Here is the quote that guide us, written by the Brazilian explorer and sailor Amyr Klink:
"A man must travel. By his own, not through stories, pictures, books or TV. He’s got to travel by himself, with his eyes and feet, to understand what is his. To one day plant his own trees and value them. Knowing the cold to enjoy the heat. And the opposite. Feel the distance and absence of shelter to be well under his own roof. A man must travel to places that he does not know to break this arrogance that makes us see the world as we imagine it, and not simply as it is or can be. That makes us teachers and doctors of what we have not seen, when we should be students, and simply go see ”
Babysitting / child care
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
- Amateur photographer and experience in retouching (Photoshop software);
- Musician: I've worked as a professional singer during college and I can play many instruments;
- Teaching: acoustic guitar, Portuguese language, science (biology, chemistry, ecology);
- Child care: some experience with young kids and babies;
- Helping with Tourists: I can speak English, Portuguese and Spanish;
- Farming: some experience (grew up in a Brazilian small farm)
- Website and software development;
- Help with computers and internet;
- Heavy labor
- Animal care: dog walking, pet care - I have no experience with big animals, but I can learn!
- Gardening: some experience;
- Housekeeping: at home, I'm the cleaning manager! I'm the sweep wizard and the dish washer fairy
Portuguese, English and Spanish
32 & 32
Currently we create/produce videos for Khan Academy in Portuguese and it may take a few hours of our time - typically less than 8 hours and maximum of 12 hours per week). Because of our remote job we need WiFi access (don't have to be superfast speed).
Non smokers (but don't mind if you do)
We are very open people! =)
Special dietary requirements
We can not eat spicy food =(