From: Australia & Canada
01/04/2018 - 01/04/2019
We are a friendly and open minded, Australian and Canadian couple in their mid twenties. Amber is a environmental scientist and Dan is a marine biologist. We both have previous experience communicating with people of all backgrounds and sharing our knowledge gained through education and previous endeavours. We are both very hard working, adventurous, quick learners, enjoy embracing what other cultures have to offer, and want to offer something in return. We like the idea of Workaway as we want to experience what life is like in the places we see whilst making a positive contribution and meeting interesting people along the way.
We have been a part of 7 other Workaway projects so far: two in Malaysia, three in northern Thailand, one in Cambodia, and one in northern Vietnam. During these times we have created engaging educational posters, managed a hostel reception, created multimedia content including promotional videos and photography, babysat young teenagers, gardening, general maintenance, working outside, technical assistance, and eco-construction.
- Cooking, yoga, hiking, camping, snorkelling/free diving, mountain biking, gardening, photography, and learning about nature
Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us, we'd love to hear from you!!
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
- Very proficient with technology and use all types of social media
- Excellent communicators and have worked teaching all ages about the environment
- Love to cook creatively (often vegetarian/vegan recipes)
- Have a background in photography and videography; we own a drone and have gotten amazing pictures of our adventures and are looking forward to continue to use it on our travels (instagram: @aerialexplorers). Also enjoy underwater photography (instagram: @diving_dan)
- Daniel is a Padi Divemaster and Amber has her Padi Open Water Scuba diving Certification
- We enjoy gardening and have a keen interest in permaculture and sustainable agricultural practices
- Some experience with construction work and are both very coordinated and fast learners
English, learning Spanish
28 & 26
Australian and Canadian
Our shared passion for nature and our curiosity to explore what it offers has meant we are never bored together, and is what has made us decide we want to travel and do workaway together, too.
Special dietary requirements