We’re a family of 5:
- me: 41 years old, Italian and English teacher who loves to keep fit with sport (especially swimming and running)
- my husband: 47, he’s a computer technician and is always in front of any mechanical device that needs repairing.
- Sara is 15, a sensible and cleaver girl who loves spending time with her friends. She’s rather a sporty type of girl and does competitive swimming.
- Diego is 13, a cheerful boy who loves football, listening to music…and making his parents lose their temper!
- Luca is the family’s little cheeky monkey. He’s 5. He loves to have people's attention and is affectionate to whoever plays and takes interest in him.
+ Luna…hope you like big playful dogs.
+ Maurice, the most cute and sociable ginger cat you will have ever seen!
We all have sociable and easygoing characters and love playing, interacting and spending time with friends and family.
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Our family is quite rich from a cultural point of view.
I have an English/Italian background and my husband is Portuguese but has been living in France most of his life. At home we speak French (English is talked only between Luca and I) but we move on to Italian whenever the grandparents are there to visit. We would like to share this cultural mixture with our volunteer and can offer language tutoring if wanted.
We will offer accommodation and meals and consider him/her as part of our family.
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
We need someone:
- to drive our kids to their activities in the afternoon (*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ here in Europe we know what the gear stick is for!*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️) We would like someone who really loves to interact with children and feels happy to be part of their world…. a simple taxi driver would be disappointing! They speak fluently French and Italian...and are learning English and German.
- to look after the smallest of the house.... Luca, not Maurice the cat!) whenever the rest of the family is not around. I have spoken English to him ever since he was born. But everybody else talks to him in French... it would be nice if a native English speaker would support me in developing his English skills.
- Luna would love a little walk with you every now and then (.... we wouldn't expect a dog talk from our volunteer too!)
- we are renewing part of our house to create a B&B and a little language school. So a little DIY help would be appreciated ... or alternatively helping in the household management while we are occupied in doing this.
- if you like taking care of a vegetable garden or flowers and trees, our garden would be soooo pleased to welcome you too!
Private room but shared bathroom
We live in the countryside, in a town of 33.000 inhabitants where you can find whatever you need. It’s position is ideal for spending lovely weekends wherever you want to go: mountain, mediterranean sea,Italy, Switzerland, 2 hours fast train from Paris, a little car drive from Lyon… but you do have to love the countryside to fully appreciate the area.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week