Help in regenerative enterprises and a permaculture Initiative at an historic inn on the west end of the Berkshires, USA

Country

United States

Favourited 175 times


  • rating

    Host rating

  • feedbacks

    Feedback

    -

  • last activity

    Last activity

    29/10/2020

  • Last email replied

    Reply rate

    76.7 %

  • Last email replied

    Average reply time:

    within 5 days

  • paid opportunity

    Host offers payment

     

 
  2020 

 Min stay requested: at least 2 weeks

J
F
M
A
M
J
J
A
S
O
N
D
  • Description

    Description

    We offer those interested opportunities to build a new model of engagement with land, ecology, and work. Through the creation of new systems of cooperative ownership, practical educational experiences, regenerative investment opportunities, we offer a collaborative approach to answer fundamental and inspiring questions about how to live an intentional life.

    We follow permaculture design principles and ethics in shaping our actions. These being earth care, people care, and fair share. The Earth is a living, breathing entity. Without ongoing care and nurturing there will be consequences too big to ignore. If people’s needs are met in compassionate and simple ways, the environment surrounding them will prosper. In addition, we are provided with times of abundance which enables us to share with others.

    We do not present you with a strict schedule, but we do have 9:30 am checkins every Monday morning to discuss progress being made and goals for the week. In addition, many projects will be building on top of each other, so we use these checkins as opportunities to collaborate.

    Our needs are diverse on our land, and in our region. As of now, we have approximately 20 acres that are available for permaculture design, and for abundant production. In addition, on site is a functioning 24 room country inn on the edge of the Berkshires in historic New Lebanon New York. We are located in a prime area, located just 20 minutes from the Tanglewood Music Festival and the Kriplau Center for Yoga and Health in the tourist rich Berkshires.

    At the present time, many of the projects described need leaders to make them a reality. It is expected that at most 40% of your time spent with us will be involved in the ongoing maintenance of the Inn, and the other 60% of the time you will be able to work on a project. Maintaining and growing the business of the Inn takes up most of our Innkeeper's time, so much of the work on these projects will be self-directed. We will have check in meetings for updates and to point you towards resources that we have paid access to or to help you find things on your own. So at the present, many of these projects are more dreams than what is the reality on the ground at this time.

    We are especially interested in hosting people with a passion to save the earth, with a focus on mindfulness, community, creativity, and excellence. We seek continuous learners, who seek to build practical skills and emotional intelligence and are solutions oriented.

    Specifically we seek:
    - A farmer to oversee the season's production, which will be crucial to the expansion of an onsite restaurant. If the relationship is a positive one, we can translate into membership and an ownership stake.
    - Farm apprenticeships, which can translate into employment, and again over time employment can translate into membership and an ownership stake.
    - Please reach out if you have experience with permaculture, carpentry, building, and trail construction and maintenance.
    - We are in the process of expanding our outreach to increase our platform and seek designers, people experienced with social media and social networking, and those able to facilitate communication across the generations,
    - Lastly, we always need additional support with the operation of our hospitality enterprise, and other related skills, such as cooking and cleaning.

    Projects we envision in the future (enterprises and apprenticeships):
    - sustainable nutrition
    - eco-therapy
    - ecological design
    - green building
    - alternative health and healing
    - tinyhouse construction
    - pond restoration
    - glamping tent installation

    Our program is for you if:
    > you are a college or high school graduate wondering what to do next
    > you are interested in making a difference in the world
    > you want to be part of a community of like-minded individuals
    > you are looking for meaningful work where you can earn a good
    > living and love what you do
    > you are interested in working on the land or connecting with nature
    > you love food and the art of eating
    > you want to find and keep a meaningful intimate partnership
    > you want to develop satisfying personal and professional relationships
    > you want you to feel energized when you wake up in the morning

    Thank you for reading our post and please reach out for more questions!
    Michael

  • Types of help and learning opportunities

    Types of help and learning opportunities

    Gardening
    DIY and building projects
    Creating/ Cooking family meals
    General Maintenance
    Farmstay help
    Help with Eco Projects
    Help around the house
    Art Projects
    Help with Computers/ Internet

  • UN sustainablity goals this host is trying to achieve

    UN sustainablity goals this host is trying to achieve

    UN goals
    No poverty
    Zero hunger
    Good health and well-being
    Quality education
    Gender equality
    Clean water and sanitation
    Affordable and clean energy
    Decent work and economic growth
    Industries, innovation and infrastructure
    Reduce inequality
    Sustainable cities and communities
    Responsible consumption and production
    Climate action
    Life below water
    Life on land
    Peace, justice and strong institutions
    Partnerships for the goals
  • Cultural exchange and learning opportunities

    Cultural exchange and learning opportunities

    We offer the opportunity to learn new skills, to reconnect to land, to become connected to a community of like minded individuals and groups who seek to change the world for the better.

    At the present time, many of the projects described need leaders to make them a reality. It is expected that at most 40% of your time spent with us will be involved in the ongoing maintenance of the Inn, and the other 60% of the time you will be able to work on a project. Maintaining and growing the business of the Inn takes up most of our Innkeeper's time, so much of the work on these projects will be self-directed. We will have check in meetings for updates and to point you towards resources that we have paid access to or to help you find things on your own. So at the present, many of these projects are more dreams than what is the reality on the ground at this time.

  • Host offers payment in line with the minimum wage

    Host offers payment in line with the minimum wage

    This host offers accommodation and payment.

  • Help

    Help

    - A farmer to oversee the season's production, which will be crucial to the expansion of an onsite restaurant. If the relationship is a positive one, we can translate into membership and an ownership stake.
    - Farm apprenticeships, which can translate into employment, and again over time employment can translate into membership and an ownership stake.
    - General help around the property
    - Construction skills, such as carpentry and building
    - Trail construction and maintenance
    - Artists, painting,
    - Administrative support
    - Cooking and cleaning
    - Support for our Inn
    - Social media and social networking

  • Languages spoken

    English: Fluent

  • Accommodation

    Accommodation

    Volunteers and Apprentices would be able to stay in rooms in the Inn. There is also room to set up tents and campers on the property as well.

  • What else ...

    What else ...

    The Inn sits on the edge of the Berkshires in historic New Lebanon New York. We are located in a prime area, located just 20 minutes from the Tanglewood Music Festival and the Kriplau Center for Yoga and Health in the tourist rich Berkshires. Beautiful hiking trails and the Berkshire mountains are all within an hour drive from the Inn.

  • A little more information

    A little more information

    • Internet access

    • Limited internet access

      Limited internet access

    • We have pets

    • We are smokers

    • Can host families

  • Space for parking camper vans

    Space for parking camper vans

    This host can provide space for campervans.

  • Can possibly acccept pets

    Can possibly acccept pets

    This host has said they are willing to accept those travelling with a pet.

  • How many Workawayers can stay?

    How many Workawayers can stay?

    More than two

  • ...

    Hours expected

    Maximum 5-10 hours/day, 3-5 days/week -- totaling 25-28 hours/week

Host ref number: 647859731341