Favourited 8 times
Family farm located in a vereda(rural area) of Guayabetal, in the department of Cundinamarca, COLOMBIA. The farm in ran by doña Betty(65) , doña Carmen(60) and don rodrigo(62), great people that throughout the years have gathered a ton of experiences, stories that would love to share and also make new ones. Our idea for having volunteers is to promote cultural exchange in the area, we also want volunteers to experience a real colombian family farm experience.We also want them to experience the scenery the peace and quiet of the farm and its location. Don Rodrigo is always going to the various towns around the farm , so you can always go with him to see,meet, and experience all we have to offer in the region.
- Knowing that the volunteers don't have their own transportacion, there are 2 general stores and they are walking distance, one is a 5 minute walk and the other is a 10 minute walk where you can find basic stuff like food , some cleaning supplies , and toiletries.
- Quiet place full of exotics plants, great views.
- There is a stream called Naranjal with majestic views, the place and the sound of this stream is the best place to meditate, have some alone time and enjoy the refreshing and rejuvenating cold water.
- A place to disconnect from the fast-paced city life style.
- Various sounds all around the farm (a variety of birds singing, the sound of the stream)
- During the mornings and nights it can get a lil chilly around 17 celsius to 15 celsius, and during afternoon time, it's about 25 to 30 celsius.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
The perfect place to practice and master your spanish.
- 3 native Spanish speakers (slow talkers, great patience, english speakers as well)
-Speaking spanish will be an everyday need because there will be no other foreigners except you.
( but if you are a non spanish speaker, dont worry, we also speak english.)
- Experience the colombian farm life with some great people.
- their great stories, personalities and just great people all around.
- cultural exchange with the farm team, the neighbors and the townspeople.
- Discover new tastes and learn how to cook great dishes the way we do it in Colombia.
- learn and play tradicional colombian games( tejo, rana, bolirana, billar)
- learn the folklore dance carranga which is very popular in the region of Guayabetal, and all the popular dances
and rhythms of Colombian music.
The activities around the farm:
- Feed animals two times a day (9 a.m & 5 p.m).
- the animales include:
- dogs. cats, chickens, birds, turtles, pigs, horse, guinea pigs.
-Maintenance around the farm:
- picking up leaves, painting, clean chicken coops, clean the pig sheds, cut the grass , tree trimming, weed removal,
compost work, gather chicken eggs.
- plant veggies, pick fruit, water plants, water garden, clean trees, garden maintenance.
-Cooking and cleaning:
- preparing foods(the recipes can be your own or the local recipes).
- washing dishes, sweeping, mopping, dusting.
spanish and english
-There are 2 individuals rooms, 3 meters by 4 meters with a shared bathroom.
- room a consist of 2 beds, a tv and shelves for you personal items.
- room b consist of 1 bed with a tv and shelves for your personal items.
- breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Towns close by:
- Guayabetal is a 10 minute car ride.
- Coffee, Canyoning, Trekking , Virgen del carmen
- Puente y Quetame is a 15 minute ride.
-Reserva Natural Páramo de las Burras, Thermals, horse riding, Piedra de la Tuna.
- Cáqueza is a 25 minute ride.
-It's know for its restaurants and piqueteadero which they sell various plates of the region.
- Villavicencio is a 30 minute ride.
- It's the capital of the Meta department a big city where you will find anything and everything, a great place to party meet new people and to get back to the city life.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week