Ich bin gerade
unterwegs auf Reisen
After 5 years of working in the corporate world in Canada, I decided to quit my job, give up my apartment, get rid of all my belongings so I can embrace a nomadic lifestyle to see and experience as much of this beautiful world as I can. I started my journey in May 2019 and have been travelling and volunteering since then.
I believe in trying new things, and finding innovative ways to overcome challenges. I love travelling to new places and I especially love being around nature. I am an outdoors enthusiast and love hiking. I also love animals and wildlife. I am a hard worker who is very friendly and easy to get along with.
I was born in South India, and grew up in Canada. I studied Finance in university and worked for a large company for 5 years, but realized that the 9-5 office life wasn't really for me. I loved to travel but it was usually very brief (2 - 3 weeks each year). I didn't like that style of travel - it was about checking boxes and going to all the popular tourist spots. I wanted to change my approach and actually get to know the country, its people and its culture by doing extended stays and volunteering in each country.
I always do my best at any task that I am given and I love learning new skills.
I have done 6 workaways so far:
1) Helping with gardening and maintenance in Bellinzona, Switzerland (5 weeks)
2) Dogsitting 3 huskies in Biel, Switzerland (5 weeks)
3) Teaching English in a small Bavarian town (6 weeks)
4) Helping in an organic farm in Gran Cararia, Spain (1 week)
5) Helping with a finca/garden project half way up a volcano in Tenerife, Spain (4 weeks)
6) Looking after 43 huskies and assisting with tourists in the Arctic Circle in Finland (4 weeks)
Bereiche, die mich interessieren oder in denen ich anderen etwas beibringen kann
Interessiert mich:Mithilfe auf einem BauernhofÖkoprojekte
Bereits etwas Erfahrung vorhandenGartenarbeitenHandwerkliche ArbeitenHausarbeitenBetreuung von TierenTourismus / GastgewerbeSprachpraxis
In der Lage, anderen etwas beizubringen:Hilfe mit Computer /Internet
Was könntest du arbeiten?
I have 5+ years of experience in the corporate world, including financial analysis, consulting and project management. I have a Private Pilot Licence and my training helped teach me how to handle high pressure situations. I also have experience with:
- Working with pets and wildlife (volunteered at Toronto Wildlife Centre)
- Working with huskies, dogsitting
- Gardening experience (1 month workaway in Switzerland)
- Experience with teaching (I was a Teaching Assistant for 2 years in university)
- Experience teaching English (6 weeks in Germany)
- Childcare, babysitting (4 weeks in Finland)
- Leading hikes
- Customer service experience
- Experience with dogs
- Experience with jigsaw to cut and shape hardwood
I am a quick learner and always eager to learn new things
Etwas mehr Information
No special dietary requirements
He offered his help in any situation and was willing to do any task we asked him to do.
He shared with us his love for Canada but he also shared his love for Switzerland and that inspired us