Ecuador, Kanada, USA
01.06.2019 - 15.07.2019
Hello my name is Karsen Buck and I am currently living in Forest Grove, OR I am studying Applied Sustainability at Pacific University with a minor in Spanish and Philosophy. I grew up in Southern California originally Lake Forest and also home to San Diego. I have been currently working at a local Pizza Shop, Pizza Schmizza, in Forest Grove and I am in need of adventuring outside those plains while also implementing my aspirations of a Permaculture lifestyle. I want to gain as much experience as I can get. I have taken 1 course in Permaculture and Sustainability Science and Soil/Water Science.
In my free time, I enjoy hiking, reading, listening or playing music, meditating, while also watching good movies. I am a dedicated person when the purpose of the work is meaningful. The idea of belonging and helping a community thrive off of a commons that revolves around community, food security, and growth while also maintaining gratitude for the land that we are living on sounds magical and good for the mind.
I can speak Spanish and can hold a 20-30 minute conversation. I wish I could speak this language daily because it is very warming and fun for me. Not necessary for this experience.
In my recent past, I have done some butterfly research for the Pacific Fritillary at Mount Hebo and observed some Red Tail Hawks and Kestrels within my area. I love animals and live off a mostly vegan but vegetarian lifestyle.
• Calm Under Pressure: maintain creativity to acquire alternatives
• Reliable/Dependable: punctuality
• Self-motivated: driven to volunteer at a variety of different organizations
• Determined/Positive attitude
• Can hold a conversation in Spanish for about 20-30 minutes:
• Volunteer at Tillamook Forest Center
• Can cook, not a good baker bake
• Painted room as a teenager with different things
• Can cut hair/eyebrows/nails
-I love to play Double Solitare and Yeehaw and practically any board game
-I will be a runner
-I enjoy painting