Hello wonderful humans!
I'm Dave, your potential new guest/housemate/helper/worker/friend/co-creator. I am a wholesome, grounded & peaceful man, with a passion for growing food, and ecosystems.
I live a life, gently on earth, advocate for the good stuff, and demonstrate hope and potential in the new paradigm & way of being. I really value sharing more, wanting less, leaving things better & building resilience.
Gardening and a connection to my food lights me up!
Over the last decade, I have transitioned from a landscape architect - into a dabbling permaculture designer & gardener (some sketches attached). A move away from large cities / buildings and a move towards food & ecological restorative habitats. I am heart-centered & community orientated, here on this gorgeous earth, to assist in creating resilient, regenerative, abundant backyards & communities.
Some of my favourite ways achieve this purpose, is through an ability to visualise & see solutions, read landscapes and imagine gardens through time, draw them on paper AND my massive passion for having my hands in the earth, getting things done! :)
I understand I am (and we all are) in a constant state of learning & unlearning; better ways to do things, better ways to design, better ways to garden, better ways to communicate and get along happily :)
Bereiche, die mich interessieren oder in denen ich anderen etwas beibringen kann
Interessiert mich:ÖkoprojekteMithilfe auf einem BauernhofBabysitten und KinderbetreuungZubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die FamilieHausarbeitenHandwerkliche ArbeitenHilfe mit Computer /Internet
Bereits etwas Erfahrung vorhandenKunstprojekteUnterrichtenHeimwerker- und BauarbeitenBetreuung von Tieren
In der Lage, anderen etwas beizubringen:Gartenarbeiten
Was könntest du arbeiten?
- I a full of creativity & enthusiasm, love being in the flow.
- I love drawing, particularly botanical illustrations.
- I competed my PDC at The Channon, with Geoff Lawton & Tom Kendell
- With a background in design, I adore aesthetics, but totally tie in practicalities of resilient gardening too.
- I have a cert in horticulture (extensive plant ID & knowledge)
- Worked for many years in a local nursery.
- Have managed the bee keeping at local nursery, and ran small educational workshops on beekeeping.
- Love fermentation, kraut, kimchi, pickling. And would love to learn more about food preserving.
- Many years & seasons growing organic food (skills include, raising seeds, soil preparation, cover crops, bio-intensive planting style, basic skills in syntropic gardening, integrated pest management systems)
- I have worked in landscaping/permaculture; designing, constructing, building and maintaining gardens for clients (raised beds, orchards, market gardens, gardens for cafes)
- Have exchanged rent for work in a recent living scenario, in Binna Burra, NSW (holistic management of goats & cows) + plenty of farm skills, plumbing, mowing, tools, re-veg forest management)
- I have lived in functional permaculture sharehouses in the northern rivers, love cooking & sharing meals.
- I value authentic open relating, and great communication to make sure all parties are seen, heard, understood and on the same page :)
Mehr Infos zu meinen Sprachinteressen
Dieser Workawayer gibt an, dass er/sie dir gern seine/ihre Sprache(n) beibringen oder selbst eine neue Sprache lernen würde. Bitte wende dich direkt an ihn/sie, um Einzelheiten zu besprechen.
Was noch ...
Oh there's more!
I am open to many different workaway scenarios / opportunities & will be reaching out to some hosts in August & September.
Currently living in Brisbane, after many years living in the Northern Rivers NSW, and I am deeply missing nature.
I am currently (as at August 2021) seeking workaway opportunities in SEQ & beyond (with a focus currently on Sunshine Coast)
I welcome any opportunites, and a chat to see if our values align.
Happy for short periods of workaway scenarios, to see if we all click.
I am also open to an ongoing farm role, or anywhere in between.
I have a ute camper setup for on the road living, and adventures to surf & explore.
But i am open to other living options at your place too :)
Look forward to hearing from you :)
Etwas mehr Information