China, Costa Rica, Hong Kong, Indien, Indonesien, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Philippinen, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
01.07.2017 - 30.06.2018
Hi, I'm Paul, 45 and an IT Professional from London, UK. After spending 25 years in the Corporate sector, I am taking at least a year out to travel and volunteer starting from this June. I am new to WorkAway and am really looking forward to sharing experiences and meeting & helping like minded people as I travel.
My professional background is in IT and Project Management. As such I'm a great organiser, but I am also someone who loves to get a job done, whatever that job may be. Having spent so many years in an office, I want to be living and working outdoors now. I am fit and strong, and not afraid of hard physical work, but I am also great with people, good humoured, relaxed and with a real skill for helping people get along. I am a keen gardener and have for many years managed a large garden and allotments at home, so I am all to happy to weed, plant, dig, fix...whatever needs doing really.
I'm also a musician. I have played piano since I was 6 years old, and I sing a bit, and so I'd love to help teach children or adults how to play, and how to read music. I'd also be happy to help host families with their English skills.
I look forward to meeting some of you Hosts on my travels
So to try and help you see if I'd be a good fit for your workaway, here's a bit of a skills list....
- Help with computers and internet (I'll fix those IT gremlins!)
- Garden work (I have managed a large garden and allotments for many years, and so am good with planting, weeding, digging, fixing...whatever needs doing really)
- Outdoor and building maintenance (I have some experience of fencing, cementing, bricklaying, but willing to help with whatever needs doing)
- Teaching piano
- Teaching how to read music
- Help with English skills (I'm not a qualified teacher, but happy to help you with the language)
- Help with guests