Costa Rica, El Salvador, Griechenland, Guatemala, Honduras, Italien, Mexiko, Panama
04.08.2020 - 24.12.2021
unterwegs auf Reisen
I grew up in a family with 5 children in a farmhouse with a big vegetable garden.
Later on we built our own house as family project. There I learned a lot of skills about construction work. The connection to nature has accompanied me my whole life and has always pulled me out into the wide world. The mountains are my home and hiking is my passion.
I am a sociable, lively and cheerful person who likes to make new friends and experience the adventures of life together. I want to workaway because I'm on a backpacking trip around the world with no pretictable end. So the best way to get to know the culture is to work with locals and be a part of a community. At the moment I'm focusing on my spanish, therefore I would love to practice as much as possible. I like to work with my hands and be outside. Furthermore, I'm a yoga teacher and I would love to travel the world working as a teacher from time to time.
I started my trip in the beginninig of August 2020. I hitchhiked around Iceland, traveled through Europe, completed my Yoga Teacher training, worked in Italy and Greece, spent 4 months in Mexico traveling with Matthew and by now (last update) we made our way through Guatemala, Costa Rica and Panama and are on our way to Columbia with a Sailboat. We are planning to travel further south eventually.
You are welcome to visit my creative portfolio blog: www.monamond.wordpress.com
-I learned the trade of dressmaking and attended to an art school at the same time. Creative projects, painting and drawing where a daily task. My mother is a professional painting artist and interior designer, so she teached me from a young age on.
- Later on I worked as a wedding dressmaker and in upcycling projects with fashion design. In spring 2020 i completed my studies in social working.
I'm a creative person who loves to work with people, animals and nature.
- I learned some Indesign, Video and Photoshop while my art school.
- I worked as a volunteer with teenagers for about 4.5 years.
- I worked 1 year in the hospital with older people: focusing on dementia and delirium.
- I worked 1 year in a children's home with a focus on trauma.
- i worked in family and elderly care.
- i worked in retail sales and customer advice.
- I'm a Yoga Alliance teacher YTT 200 and would love to teach yoga all around the world during my trip.
- I took 5 years of dancing classes (groups and private) for Salsa, Discofox, Jive, Tango, Chachacha, Foxtrott and joined a Jazzercise dancegroup for 6 years.
- 2 weeks working on a farm in Italy
- 2 months working in greece for Greece ans Swiss Animal help (Gasah)
I love cooking and baking. I greated several Wedding Cakes and fancy things for special ocations of my friends. Where ever i go i bake my own bread, because I simply miss it.
Furthermore, I'm playing the piano and love all sorts of outdoor sports as climbing, bouldering, hiking and much more. Working in the garden and constructing things out of wood where enjoable hobbies for me so far.
Spanisch: Gute Kenntnisse
Französisch: Gute Kenntnisse
Mehr Infos zu meinen Sprachinteressen
I'm interested in teaching kids english. Furthermore i want to improve my french speaking skills. My understanding is quit good since I had 7 years of practice at school, but i never learned to use it fluently. I took spanish classes for about a year. Furtermore i took some privat classes in Mexico and started to practice daily since.
I'm an Artist and I love to paint murals for places. If you are interested check my Blog.
I'm a fast learner and looking forward to learn new skills no matter what.
Healthy, not a lot of meat.