Ich bin gerade
Mein nächstes Reiseziel:Antibes, France - von Jul 2021 bis Jan 2022 Alle anzeigen
I'm Ellie, 24 years old from Guildford, near London UK.
I have spent the last few years travelling around Europe (before Covid-19). I have worked in several ski and beach resorts and participated in several workaways in Bulgaria, Greece, Croatia and Germany.
I am looking to come to France to immerse myself in French culture and language. I have previously worked in French ski resorts (Courchevel & Tignes) so I have some basic language skills but have not worked/lived with anyone who speaks French. To learn French is my main motivation for participating in a workaway.
About me - I am friendly and confident, enjoy socialising and sharing good food with good company. Polite and considerate - I believe you should always leave somewhere in a better state then when you arrived for the next person to enjoy. Enthusiastic about life and meeting new people. My hobbies are reading, painting, snowboarding, exercise (I like going to the gym). I do enjoy sitting in the sun too!
I am open to lots of type of work -
1) Childcare - I have looked after Children before (babysitting and worked in a hotel who provided childcare) and have my own nieces and nephew's so would love to help in a family.
2) Cleaning - previously worked in hotels/chalets cleaning so have lots of experience of housework, laundry and helping around the house
3) Cooking - I am vegetarian but fine to cook meat, I do enjoy cooking and sharing food with others.
4) Gardening - I have started growing my own vegetables whilst being home in the UK and helped in gardens on previous workaways.
5)Building/Labour/Construction - I have helped build a 'cob' house (mud & straw), helped with house renovations (sanding, painting, silicone windows), manual labour moving gravel, driving tractors and using chainsaws and machinery. I consider myself to be a quick learner and enthusiastic to learn new skills if you can teach them to me. If anyone is renovating a house this would be of interest to me to learn new skills. Not afraid of heavy lifting or getting my hand's dirty!
6) Animal care - I have kept pets - rabbit's, cat's, dog's, chickens, and have helped in various dog rescues, and personally adopted 7 strays in Bulgaria, vaccinated and rehomed around Europe so I am a massive animal lover. I would be keen to help somewhere and learn more about horses if there was a possibility.
7) Computer help - I have office experience, can help with most computer queries. Particularly Excel and I have designed a couple of websites using online website building tools.
I was travelling before Covid-19 but came home to the UK in October 2019 intending to save some money for 6 months and leave to travel to Australia or Canada. Since then I have been working in an office role in the UK and have applied for a Canadian visa. This may take another year to come through so am looking for a new adventure. I would also like to potentially work on a yacht and am looking into taking some yacht courses soon, and after my workaway moving into the yacht industry so may look for workaway's near yachting hubs.
Ideally I would like my workaway to be several months so I can learn French. I would like to be in France for around 3 months - in one, or a couple of workaway's - as soon as the travel restrictions lift. The only benefit to being in the UK is that I have been vaccinated, and will be following Covid guidelines before travelling (test before travelling, quarantine on arrival).
Please send me a message if you have any questions or if you think I could help you!
InteressengebieteGebirgeStrandCampingSegeln / BooteErlebnissportartenWassersportMannschaftssportartenWintersportFitnessRadfahrenTanzenWandernGartenarbeitenTischlerarbeitenTiereHaustiereSprachenZeichnen & MalenHeimwerken & DIYBücher
mehrTechnikKochen & BackenVegetarier / VeganerEvents & Sozialleben
Bereiche, die mich interessieren oder in denen ich anderen etwas beibringen kann
Bereits etwas Erfahrung vorhandenGartenarbeitenHeimwerker- und BauarbeitenBabysitten und KinderbetreuungSeniorenbetreuungHandwerkliche ArbeitenZubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die FamilieMithilfe auf einem BauernhofÖkoprojekteHausarbeitenBetreuung von TierenTourismus / GastgewerbeKaritative ArbeitSprachpraxisKunstprojekteHilfe mit Computer /InternetUnterrichten
Was könntest du arbeiten?
Mehr Infos zu meinen Sprachinteressen
Dieser Workawayer gibt an, dass er/sie dir gern seine/ihre Sprache(n) beibringen oder selbst eine neue Sprache lernen würde. Bitte wende dich direkt an ihn/sie, um Einzelheiten zu besprechen.
Etwas mehr Information