Paar / zwei Freunde
14.08.2019 - 14.08.2020
We are Aurelija & Ed a couple from Lithuania lovers of travel, adventure and everything that is new and different from our culture. We're pretty laid back, friendly and open-minded, always keen to learn about other cultures and way of life. We have both lived in the UK for a long time, have travelled a lot around Europe and a little bit beyond in Africa and Asia. We think travelling is a super fun and exciting way to grow as people and really appreciate the world's beauty and our differences. Meeting new people and seeing new places makes us happy so we have decided to leave our jobs in the UK and join the Workaway community full time.
OUR HOBBIES (in a nutshell 🥜):
We love peaceful nature and hectic vibrant cities, basically anything that is new and different from western culture. We are usually out exploring the city or out in the nature. We both love to cook and are happy to share our take on European and Indian food 🥘 Ed is very active and likes to go to the gym, listen to podcasts, stand-up comedy and gaming. I'm into yoga, movies, documentaries and love talking about philosophical things and theories ha! Also a sucker for learning new things 🤓
We love getting out in the nature, relaxing at the beach, hiking, cycling, farming and animals (especially dogs 🐶).
This is not a hobby, but very important to mention, we're very clean, tidy and respectful to others space 💚
We visited Japan earlier this year and it was completely mesmerising; the people, the culture, the nature 😍. We completely fell in love with it and are super happy that we'll be back for a working holiday this September 🕺🏽💃🏻 We are very excited to learn about Japan in more depth, especially the local way of life. We don't speak Japanese yet but are looking forward to learning the language during our year there. We are hoping to stay in each city/place for around a month, but our trip is not planned so our schedule is flexible, we are open to ideas and will know more once we start the trip ✨
If you have any questions, send us a message we're happy to chat 💭
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Betreuung von Tieren
Hilfe mit Touristen
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
We both speak fluent English (Lithuanian too). We are hard working and diligent people, both worked in lots of different jobs and industries, so are definitely not afraid to work. We are open to work flexibly and help on lots of different tasks/projects. We both have a lot of experience in working with people and customers but you can read about our experience and skills in more detail below 🙃
- Customer service: we both have lots of experience working with customers/guests in up-beat cafe's and are passionate about making others happy.
- Cleaning and housekeeping experience in a hostels/guest house, a lot of experience in cleaning!
- We both LOVE to cook and have experience in the kitchen (but I will be honest Ed is better than me, his food is amazing - drool!) 👨🏽🍳👩🏽🍳
- Ed is a Barista and makes beautiful tasty coffee ☕️
- Keen organiser! I have worked in Croatia with people from around the world, managing a guesthouse of 40 people, organising weekly holiday schedules for students. Part of that was to introduce people to the area and activities, also help the chef and housekeeper during the peak times and general maintenance
- Babysitting: we have 9 year old sisters, so I can confidently say we are professional babysitters 🍼
- Teaching English: I'm in the progress of qualifying as an English Teacher (TEFL), have now completed 20 hours of classroom time and feeling super excited to have this new skill to help others 👩🏽🏫
- Farming/gardening/outdoor projects: we have both worked with crops in the country side with our grandparents, in rice field in Japan and love animals and outdoors.
- We don't have any experience in skiing but would love to learn and help out in the mountains during the winter season 😎
- I also have a merchandising background, if any financce/data analysis type tasks need looking at I’m happy to help 🤓
English and Lithuanian, both fluent. Aurelija speaks a little Russian.
25 & 25
We're currently volunteering in a beautiful lodge in Hakuba, renovating, cleaning and preparing for the winter season 🥶🏂
Mostly vegetarian, occasionally eat fish