Australien, China, Indien, Japan, Kanada, Neuseeland
16.09.2018 - 30.11.2019
Hello! I'm Ellen, I am 23 years old and I'm from England. In July 2018 I graduated from the University of Manchester with a 1st class BSc (Hons) in Bio Medical sciences. Since graduating I’ve travelled to Japan, New Zealand and I’m currently in australia! I love doing workaways whilst I'm travelling so that I can meet new people, try new things and overall have a lot of fun! My previous workaway/helpx experience includes (1) 2016 cafe manager / mermaid entertainer at an activities centre called case la pedera, Spain (2) 2019 sorting out bins into recycling by hand, cleaning toilets and renovating all the signs at the bush campsite ‘waves campground’ in crescent head, Australia (3) 2019 cleaning the rooms, communal areas and toilets of the ‘southern cross’ hostel in Agnes water (4) 2019 working on a llama and Alpaca farm in Canberra (5) 2019 gardening work for a 10 acre property near Gosforth, sydney.
>>> I'm ambitious, organised, hard working and love to try new things! I hope you can appreciate this from the variety of different jobs and volunteering positions I've done in the past... I was the marketing executive / events manager for a company promoting science and entrepreneurship to students. I've volunteered teaching disabled children how to swim and also as a mudic festival steward. I've worked as a barmaid pulling pints in a pub, at a hair salon, as a waitress for 2 years, as a toilet cleaner at an agricultural show, as a biology tutor and as a babysitter!!! Feel free to ask me about my previous workaway work too!
>>> I'm strong, sporty, fit and healthy: I have swum all my life (at one point to a national/international standard!) and I was part of the University Swimming team. I like to take part in running events to raise money for charity - I've previously run a Half Marathon, a 10k, a tough mudder and hope to do the Berlin marathon in 2020! I've also danced the Rumba (as a complete novice) in a charity strictly come dancing competition.
>>> I'm confident, sociable and friendly: I've been the social secretary for 2 societies at university, meaning I had to organise nights out, balls, pub crawls and other activities to entertain all the student members. I love to see live music at gigs and music festivals and i also like singing (badly) at karaoke bars (or in the shower!). I don't take myself too seriously at all and strive to say 'yes' to all new opportunities!
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Betreuung von Tieren
Hilfe mit Touristen
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
(1) Waitress (2 years) & Barmaid in a Pub (3 months+) - I'm good at interacting with customers, providing a punctual and happy service and making people feel at ease.
(2) Marketing executive/events manager at a science communication company & Social secretary for 2 societies at university - I have excellent event management skills, I'm confident and easy to get along with and know how to have fun!
(3) I am very fit, sporty and active - I am not afraid to get my hands dirty, so any gardening / maintenance work I wouldn't shy away from but get stuck in and lend a helping hand.
(4) PASS (Peer Assisted Study Scheme) mentor (6 months) - Each week i'd run an hour long revision session for younger university students (a group of 10 - 15), helping them with science topics they struggled with. I'm patient and easy to get a long with - adults and kids alike!
(5) Babysitter (1 year) - I baby sat for 2 girls age 7 and 10 for a year on a monthly basis. I'd entertain them for a couple of hours on the evening (playing dress up / board games / playing outside) and then have the tricky task of getting them ready for bed. I like helping out with children and love their infectious / creative / happy energy!
(6) I'm quick to learn, enthusiastic and confident and want to experience new things and learn new skills!
(7) I am independent and confident in working on my own - I'm not afraid to be a leader and I can also work well within a team and help people out.
(8) I love being creative! I can paint and draw, and at a previous workaway built and painted all the signage for the campsite (take a look at my photos!)
Note: I CANNOT DRIVE!
If you want to have a look at my LinkedIn, here's the link https://www.linkedin.com/in/ellen-white-b3027b99/
English (very small amount of french)