01.09.2019 - 27.08.2020
Greetings. I have been off the road for a couple of years, but getting back out again.
Having grown up and lived on a farm, I have some land experience. In 1994 I went to work in the USA and spent 16 years there, mostly in Las Vegas working in the fire protection industry. I went home to Ireland in the summer of 2010, and have travelled quite a lot since.
I am currently working in The Philippines for more than a year with a social enterprise, under an NGO.
Previous volunteering and work exchanges include;
1. A one week language exchange in La Alberca, Spain. (Twice)
2. A two week farm work exchange near Madrid, Spain.
3. Two weeks on a renovation project in the Algarve region of Portugal.
4. A two week homestay in Montpellier, France.
5. Five weeks in Helette, France doing inside renovation work and some outdoor work.
6. A one-week language exchange near Warsaw, Poland. (Twice)
7. Four weeks at a backpackers hostel in Berat, Albania.
8. Three weeks at a hotel/hostel on Corfu, Greece.
9. Eight weeks work exchange in Athens, Greece.
10. A two-week work exchange at a guest house in Bangkok, Thailand.
11. Six weeks working at an eco-resort in SE Thailand.
12. I taught English at a school for kids in Taiwan for a month.
13. I helped to open a new hostel in Kaoshiung, Taiwan for a month.
14. I taught English in Xian, China and helped in a travel company for 6 months.
15. Two months helping tribal children with their English in Sapa, Vietnam.
16. In Lebanon I spent 3 weeks volunteering in Syrian refugee camps.
17. I have done house and reef rebuilding work in the Philippines for 13 months with a new NGO after Super-Typhoon Yolanda, which was added to with 15 months working in a bamboo workshop.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Betreuung von Tieren
Hilfe mit Touristen
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
Some experience with farm work, but it's been a while.
I installed and worked on fire sprinkler systems for 14 years. That involved working with steel piping, both on large commercial, and also small projects. I'm not a plumber, but am willing to attempt anything. I did learn some things about other crafts also.
I like painting, and will try carpentry work too. I have done bits of all kinds of work.
Native English speaker, with some Irish, French and Spanish.
I have an online 100 hour TEFL course, and hope to teach English in many countries.
I'd also like to learn some more languages.
I like most types of music, and many sports, especially football.