We are so lucky to live within a push bike ride of some of the most stunning, untouched and incredible surf beaches in the world which we would love to share by welcoming an au pair into our family.
Mako is our adorable, fiercely independent and hilarious 3 year old little man who enjoys running races, crashing cars, rugby, super heroes and music. Being an only child he is confident with independent play and enjoys quiet time with a movie or storybook but also loves a friend to kick a ball or play a game.
Darcy and I (Jacqui) both have demanding careers which require regular travel schedules and this commonly means there is only ever one of us at home with Mako during weekdays. We are usually only together as a family on the weekends where we spend time at the local rugby game, riding our push bikes, at the beach with our stand up paddle boards and surf boards or chilling at home with a movie and popcorn. You of course would be welcome to join us or use this as your free time to explore our gorgeous homeland.
Being that we live a significant distance from any relatives it means we lack support during the more challenging times in our schedules. Afternoons are a rush after a long day in daycare so we are looking for someone who can slot into our weekday chaos to relieve the hectic demands of single parenting. Occasionally it would be great to venture on a date night and would arrange in advance any additional weekend hours to accommodate this request.
The Tweed Shire is a truly beautiful place with a surf culture, hipster counterculture and strong sense of community to protect this gorgeous landscape through sustainable living practices. It is also home to a large au pair community which our family has often found support from by providing the local au pairs with additional babysitting hours. This means we have plenty of like-minded contacts we can connect you with to extend your social network.
Perks of the job are that you will have full access to a car so explore to your hearts content! There will also be times when we work from home or take a rest day which you can maximise by taking an extended weekend away scuba diving the Whitsundays, shopping in Melbourne or touring the opera house in Sydney. Byron Bay is only 30mins down the road! We of course would support your options of attaining additional paid work outside of our required au pair roster if this interests you.
Learning to surf, art galleries, local markets, hinterland bush walks, breweries, wineries, cafes/restaurants and #vanlife are classic descriptive's to narrate our regions lifestyle.
Byron Bay is 30 minutes south and is known as the hippie mecca of our northern NSW locale. 60 minutes in the other direction you will find yourself in the heart of the Gold Coast known as Surfers Paradise or enjoying some of Australia's most exciting theme parks including DreamWorld, Movie World, Wet 'n Wild and Sea World. Travel a further 30 minutes north and you could be shopping up a storm in Brisbane's Queen Street Mall.
A weekly allowance is negotiable over and above room and board. We are also big fans of the coffee date as Mako loves a baby-cino or chocolate milkshake so there is definitely room in the budget to accommodate this treat for you both. A fuel allowance for au pair duties will also be provided.
Minimum 25hrs per week is required.
- 3 days a week we need help with Daycare pickup and the afternoon routine. This would include preparing a snack, park playtime (or ad-hoc errands such as a super market stop), bath time, evening meal prep and school bag prep for the next day.
- 2 days a week Mako will be all yours to entertain with play. This means beach time, park play, play dates with little friends or other au pair families, baking, colouring in, backyard rugby kicks and of course... running races! Some days will be shorter than others dependent on our work/travel requirements due to flexibility in our schedules.
- Light house duties are naturally expected as we will be sharing a living space so helping around the house by clearing toys up, assisting with dishes after meal time or cleaning your bathroom/toilet is all part of the gig.
- Once a week you would be my super hero adding the floors, vacuuming and mopping, to your To Do list.
- If you love to cook, meal prep would be a real treat and adding your own flavour to our family meals is of course most welcome, we'd love to try your favourite home made dishes. And if you're not feeling it - we also love egg and cheese toasties for a hassle free night. I'm also a fan of the quintessential cheeseboard. Friday's are usually take out night because who wants to cook after a long week working?!
- Every 2-4 weeks we would organise a date night in advance and ask for your assistance with a Saturday night bed time routine. This of course can be made super fun with a movie and popcorn followed by a story in the bed by torchlight. Bed time for a 3 yr old is no later than 7:30pm so the rest of the night is all yours to enjoy with unlimited wifi and there are no expectations for you to stay awake either... Our couch is super comfy so if you fall asleep with netflix on we totally get it, we've been there and done that too.
Our home consists of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 2 living areas located in a quiet cul-de-sac. The suburb we live in is a quick 5 min push bike ride to the main street in our coastal town where you'll find cafe's/restaurants and of course, the beach!
You would have your own room next to the main bathroom which you would share with Mako. For your comfort your room has your own tv and of course you will have unlimited home wifi with access to our netflix, stan and foxtel accounts.
The kitchen and main living area are easily accessible to your room and provide separation to the front of the house where you will find our master bedroom with ensuite and a separate living area/study so there is plenty of opportunity for everyone to have their own space.
Because we will require you for afternoon daycare pick ups you will have access to a car. This will be yours to use exclusively. A fuel allowance will be provided to complete your au pair duties and maintenance/insurance of the vehicle will be at our expense however we do expect the vehicle to be cared for and driven respectfully.
You will need to provide your own phone so you will always have the ability to contact us or be contactable when Mako is in your sole care.
Your time off is yours to enjoy and we completely respect this. If you need space, want to hide in your room and binge watch a series or head out on your own to explore all we ask is the common courtesies provided to any family unit. Whilst in our home we will worry for your safety just as we would for any of our own so please let us know of your movements or if you need our help.
Alternatively, you are welcome to join in our family activities. Most Saturday's are spent at the rugby fields to cheer on the local team, Darcy often plays so we love a casual beer and a bucket of hot chips while we sit on the picnic rug. Sunday's are chill with push bike rides, breakfast at the local cafe and beach time followed by a glass of red and a cheeseboard on the couch with a movie.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week