We are seeking volunteers from all around the world for July-December 2019 to join a family-run English language institute located in a small town near Colombo.
I am Buddhika Chathuranga (28), I currently live and study in Germany and I manage the institute remotely together with my sister living in Sri Lanka.
Our small school was founded in 2016 and is open to everyone including underprivileged students of all ages. Therefore it is highly dependent on unselfish support from you, volunteers. Improving general English knowledge is very important for our sorely tried and developing country.
You will stay for free in my family’s house and get free home-made meals.
We have already accommodated more than 60 happy volunteers.
Dieses Projekt schließt möglicherweise den Umgang mit Kindern ein. Mehr Informationen findest du in unseren Verhaltensregeln und Tipps hier.
In your leisure time (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday every week), you are free to travel and discover our beautiful country. My family and close friends will be more than happy to assist you with your plans or even take you to wild camping! You can also enjoy free meditation classes if you wish so.
We are conducting English classes for children and adult students of all ages (5 to 50 years). The groups have maximum of 10 students and are divided by age and English level. Our classes focus on conversation and debating skills, but we also touch some reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary. Fun and creative activities, games and competitions are among the most popular ones to make English not boring anymore.
Once in a month, we organize language workshops when we leave the classroom, meet new people and have fun.
We don’t have any formal requirements regarding your education, certificates or teaching experience, but good English knowledge and teaching enthusiasm and creativity are essential!
Our institute runs three different courses:
- General English
- Business English
- IELTS preparation
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Sprachaustausch an
Dieser Gastgeber gibt an, dass er dir gern seine Muttersprache beibringt oder selbst eine Sprache lernen möchte.
Bitte wende dich direkt an ihn, um weitere Auskünfte zu erhalten.
My friendly sister with her husband, their three adorable children and our loving parents will warmly welcome you in their home. You will definitely feel like part of the family and never get bored especially with my curious 7-year-old niece who can speak perfect English.
There is a separate room for volunteer(s) equipped with beds and mosquito net, storage and work desks. The house is in walking distance from our classroom.
My mother is a great cook and will prepare three authentic Sri Lankan meals for you every day.
You will be able to use the shared bathroom with running water. You are also free to use our kitchen, refrigerator and washing machine. Tap water is safe to drink.
- You can arrive alone or with your partner depending on our current capacity.
- Our town Angoda is located 40 minutes by bus from the capital Colombo. You will be excited to explore our street market and small shops when you arrive.
- We are looking for volunteers who wish to stay from 3 weeks to 3 months.
- The classroom is equipped with desks, chairs, a huge whiteboard, speakers, powerful fans and restroom. We currently don’t have any projector available.
- We have got many teaching materials and games or you can bring your own and we pay for the printouts. Bringing your own laptop will be useful.
- If you wish so we are happy to provide contacts to our former volunteers from Europe and other countries so you can discuss any details directly with them prior to your journey.
- We can arrange a Skype call anytime!
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Maximum 5 hours a day, 4 days a week