This project is the third in a series of projects taking place between India and Scotland (2016-2019) to connect people for SUSTAINABLE LIVING, PEACE and COMMUNITY WELLBEING
We are focused on sustainable construction and community building.
THE GOALS of this project are:
• To CREATE a model for self-sufficient housing and a future community skills training centre in Arrah, Bihar.
• To DESIGN and BUILD using local, sustainable materials, upcycling and zero-waste.
• To INVOLVE local community, youth, schools and colleges, visiting volunteers, artists and more; and thus
• BUILD COMMUNITY for future collaborations in effective, values based education and sustainable design in Bihar.
YOU... IN BIHAR. June - Sept, 2017.
As a volunteer you will work, live, learn, eat in community, just next to the project site. We live simply, split costs of food and listen to lots of music.
You will work alongside local tradespeople in a diverse team and under the guidance of project leaders Prashant and Ben.
Areas of work include:
- Creating community engagement by connecting with local schools, community groups and NGOs
- Working in education, to host experiential learning sessions on site.
- visual art, sculpting, crafting
- visual design, video, photography, editing
- social media and research
- gardening, construction, landscaping.
We encourage people to specialise, experiment and learn.
For the workers we provide a bed and excellent Indian home cooked meals, 3 times a day. For your personal food favors we recommend a visit to the local market just a riksha drive away!
Bihar is off the international tourist map in India, though it is the birthplace of Buddhism, Nalanda University and we are 12km from the Ganges River. Arrah is a conservative society, and we take care, to be respectful and safe. We guarantee a unique experience of a very real side of India with an awesome crew.
We look forward to seeing you!
Yours in One world, One family,
Ben and Prashant
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Mithilfe auf einem Bauernhof
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Betreuung von Tieren
Hilfe mit Computer /Internet
This cultural exchange will provide the volunteers with a unique experience in a district in India where few tourists come. Get away from Goa and Rishikesh and learn true Indian culture, farming and language.
We share a house with all the volunteers next to the construction site; we have an Indian maid helping in the kitchen, clean bathroom and enough mattresses rasses to host everyone. Its simple living. :)
We are close to Varanasi (4 hours by train) and even closer to Patna (our city is called Arrah). You can reach by train and then contact us to pick you up.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week