Bisher 572 mal gespeichert
WE ARE ESPECIALLY IN NEED OF :
* A vegan, some vegetarian (kids) chef/cook help would be AWESOME 😊 General healthy food, basic is fine , doesn’t need to be gourmet or taste-bud popping all the time 🙃🍐🍊🥑🥦🥗🥔🌮🍓 kitchen cleanliness is important!
* Morning driver ! House keeping ! Watering trees/Plants ! Fun & good organizational skills :-)
** We would prefer a stay of 4 weeks. No car necessary. Online students 👍🏼
🤗 We are located in the mountains of Santa Barbara, California, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The drive to the beach and town is about 15-20 minutes. We have fruit trees you can pick from depending on the season. The weather is especially great in April thru September. We have two cute small dogs and a cat. Three children ages 7 and 12 and 20. We have two musicians In the family (violin, drums, piano, guitar, songwriter) and love to have musicians come! Two people know Sign language. We are easy to get along with and are looking for likeminded people to share our beautiful place with.
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
We are located in the mountains above Santa Barbara, we try our best to live a sustainable and conservational lifestyle, including a mostly plant based diet. Our land has a small garden, fruit trees, privacy. My husband teaches environmental science and horticulture. This is a great opportunity if you want to experience and learn how to live this lifestyle as well!
Dieses Projekt schließt möglicherweise den Umgang mit Kindern ein. Mehr Informationen findest du in unseren Verhaltensregeln und Tipps hier.
* I could really use help with : AMUSING THE KIDS, COOKING, WASHING DISHES, SWEEPING, General house cleaning, Watering outside. Property beautification.
* We have a 7year old and an 12 year old , so people who are good with kids is really important! Also we like artists! And musicians!
*Other outside work depending on the season: landscaping, rock wall building, brush clearing, cutting wood, fruit tree care, property beautification, grey water, drainage.
*We are always happy to have someone with good creative carpentry skills!!!
Sign language (American): Fließend
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Sprachaustausch an
If you communicate in ASL (American Sign Language) or would want to learn some, my daughter and I sign. My husband studies spiritual text from India and has some knowledge in the Sanskrit language.
Food - You will be sharing my kitchen. I will supply mostly organic food. I can do some cooking of meals (usually dinner) and have some food made food in the refrigerator as well. But you would need to do some of your own food prep also (especially breakfast and lunch), depending on what you feel like eating. We eat vegetarian and vegan, so please embrace that while you are here.
Bathroom - You will be sharing one of the bathrooms in my house as well as an outhouse. We try not to use to much water. We have a clothing washer and dryer you can use. We try to hang clothes on the line in the summertime, to save on electricity.
Sleeping - If you don't have your own car sleeping arrangement, a tent can be set up. We can supply a tent and bedding if needed.
We welcome families, couples, or individuals. A well-behaved dog is fine.
There are no drugs, alcohol, or smoking on the property! We try to be respectful, pleasant, and good communicators, we expect the same from you. FIRE is a big concern in our area: NO FIRES!!! We are in high fire zone during the driest time of the year. That also means NO candles, smoking, incense, propane cooking, or anything that requires a flame!
Many Workawayers that have stayed with us have enjoyed hiking the local mountains, going to the beach, participating in outdoor dance/yoga/skating gatherings, rock climbing. We are 15 minutes from town, there is no public transportation near our house as we are in the mountains. If you do not have a car, you can get rides into town when we go, which is generally daily. Additionally I prefer small cars or even more, if you were to come without a car, parking is limited on mountain slopes. I can easily and happily pick you up from and drop you off at the bus, train or airport in Santa Barbara or Goleta.
* We’ve had a lot of people in the last couple of months shift arrival dates, change/shorten length of stay when here, and all together cancel. The hardest thing is when people cancel entirely, especially last minute. I understand we all have things come up in life, and the pandemic is definitely impacting this as well. It’s been very hard for me to schedule with frequent changes. Please if we discuss and you give me dates, be pretty sure you will be able to keep them. Thanks 😉
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
We have internet and have had online students come for a stay.
It’s possible we might have room for a van for the dates you wish to come, so check with us. At this time we cannot accommodate a large bus or motorhome.
Dieser Gastgeber ist bereit, Reisende mit Haustieren bei sich aufzunehmen.
mehr als zwei
24 hours per week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: