My Family and I are converting our farm into a food forest. Located in a small village in Chhattisghar. We want to successfully start organic food production and self sustainable lifestyle. My mom Dr.Susan is an accomplished speaker and medical & environmental activist. She specializes in studies of the human behavior and is known for her pioneering work in the field of HIV/AIDS. She later created environmental projects and started educating her listeners about reverse migration, waste management and healthy lifestyle.
I am a singer/songwriter and audio engineer who has left the big city life to come live on my family farm for a healthier and happier lifestyle. I love to Jam on my guitar and sing so if you are a fellow musician then you are most welcome to jam along.
Currently my super cool grandma (age 86), my mom (age 58) and I (age 32) are living on the farm along with another family of 5 who are also here to learn and about organic farming and contribute to a self sustainable lifestyle.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Betreuung von Tieren
Mithilfe auf einem Bauernhof
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
You will get to see the actual India. Villages with old and strong mud houses that have been in the farmer's family for generations. Meeting Elder and elite farmers who are practicing large scale farming.
Mentorship from Dr.Susan about Health as an indicator of Human Behavior towards their Environment. You can learn more about from her TedTalk on youtube.
Our work with the farm and projects are still in the initial phase and are looking for the following help:
1. Daily farming activities includes irrigation, plantation and soil work.
2. Feeding the cows and grazing
3. Monitoring the water pump, filling water tanks.
4. Help with the kitchen and harvesting food from the farm.
5. We have teak wood, eucalyptus and bamboos. Any carpentry skills are most welcome. Need help with making simple structures and general maintenance and repairs.
6. Masonry, smithing, electrical skills and Permaculture Designers are also most welcome. Our farm is an empty canvas and we could use all the help we can get to achieving a self sustainable lifestyle.
1. Need help with marketing ideas to help promote local vendors and producers from ours and nearby villages
2. Project planning and organizing.
3. Crowd/event management. Sometimes schools and groups come to visit us and we could use help in organizing the venue and hosting.
Marathi: Gute Kenntnisse
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Sprachaustausch an
I love to learn about different cultures and would like any language you have to offer. I also have a keen interest in Spanish, German, French, Portuguese and Italian.
We have simple rooms and beds available with clean western toilet and bathroom. Clean bed sheets and blankets will be provided. We also have a common fridge and washing machine. Summers are quite harsh so we have coolers and fans but no air conditioner. We do not have WiFi. All India sim cards with 4G data services of Vodafone and Jio work best.
3 meals per day, plus fruits from the garden depending on season and harvest. we also have beds and rooms for accommodation.
You can go boating and fishing in our pond, although i recommend you do only if you know how to swim. Nearby cities like Rajnandgaon and Dongarghar have a few scenic sights, hills, lakes and rivers.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Dieser Gastgeber nimmt gern Digital Nomads bei sich auf.
Ample Parking space available. You are most welcome even if you have an RV.
Dieser Gastgeber ist bereit, Reisende mit Haustieren bei sich aufzunehmen.
mehr als zwei
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week