Bisher 721 mal gespeichert
- If you are seeking a one of a kind learning in living opportunity read below:
-Come work and live to help co-create an off-grid oasis in the rugged, isolated mountains of New Mexico. We milk our bountiful goats to produce milk, cheese, and yogurt for our own use. We are not selling any product at this time h but wish to be totally self sufficient with what we produce on site.
Although New Mexico is on fire we are far from the fires here. We have also removed trees from next to our buildings as a buffer zone .
- Nancy has been living off-grid on the dairy for 40 years. She has been a professional cheesemaker and was awarded the 2010 Organic Farmer of the Year by New Mexico Organic Commodities Commission. Nancy is in her 70s and enjoys sharing her lifelong knowledge of animals, living sustainably, and the world.
- Accommodations include rustic, private, wood-burning cabins, step van, or bunkhouse. All food is provided; vegans and vegetarians will be accommodated thoughtfully.
-There is limited internet and electricity on the dairy. All of the heating is with wood. The electricity is solar-powered.
- Nancy and her husband Leroi run the dairy. Leroi is a great teacher with tools, locks, sewing, fixing broken infrastructure, and history. He is a loving and enthusiastic wise man.
-All Workawayers must come with proof of a COVID vaccine. We are looking for folks to come at least a month but longer is ideal.
- Spend time with the plethora of farm animals: egg laying ducks,free-range goats and their babies, Maremma guard dogs, chickens, and barn cats.
- Love to hike and explore?! You can walk for hours, north of the Sawtooth Mountains and see no sign of people!
-We are 2 hours from Pie Town which is our mailing address and 4 hours from Albuquerque where pick up can be arranged.
-WWOOFers are accepted year-round and expected to help twice daily with chores, as well as cooking, cleaning, wood splitting, and overall care. All WWOOFERS are granted one day off from responsibilities. There is plenty of free time to create, learn, and explore independently or with others.
- No pets welcomed, children by arrangement.
-The herd of goats and sheep go on the range in the wild. It is a blast to walk out in the mountains to see them in their natural habitat.
- NO DRUGS, ALCOHOL, OR TOBACCO.
- We have an extensive library, cook delicious meals and work on projects like animal slaughtering (if you are comfortable) salve making, cheese making, sewing, and wood splitting.
-English is spoken.
-We live very remotely. We use the water from our roofs and water catchments.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Betreuung von Tieren
Mithilfe auf einem Bauernhof
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Hilfe mit Computer /Internet
How to find ways to live in balance with the natural world here in the high desert of New Mexico.
Come help co-create an off-grid oasis in the rugged, isolated wilds of New Mexico. Milk goats, make cheese, help with the run-off gardens, and participate in building fences. Spend time with the plethora of farm animals: egg laying ducks,free-range goats and their babies, Maremma guard dogs, heritage pigs, chickens, and barn cats. Amazing hiking and views; walk for hours and see no sign of people!
Rustic, private accommodations-tiny cabins, Trailer,step van- and all food provided (vegetarians-vegans accommodated) as well as all the goat milk and yogurt you can drink! Home made cheeses daily. We butcher often to have meat.
Hiking with the goats is a once in a lifetime opportunity! Since we have no fences, the goats wander and eat the vegetation around the area and are protected by our Maremma Livestock Guardian dogs.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: