Due to Coronavirus, we cannot receive volunteers in the next days/weeks!
We are a family living on a permacultural farm. The farm is located 180 km away from Rio de Janeiro, on the border of Rio de Janeiro and Minas Gerais.
The size of our farm is 38 hectars, 20 hectars are rainforest (Mata Atlantica) and there is a river also, our focus is preservation and reforesting.
At the moment here live 2 adults and 3 kids and we are constantly receiving visitors, who are looking for an alternative lifestyle in harmony with nature. We produce part of our food organicly and we bioconstructed the main house, which has a community kitchen, living room and a bathroom. Water- and electric energy providng is completely off-grid.
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Babysitten und Kinderbetreuung
Mithilfe auf einem Bauernhof
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Betreuung von Tieren
Travellers can learn a lot about permaculture, organic food and fair trade from us.
The next small village is 6 km away. it is a typical small brazilian village with helpful and curious people,you will have the opportunity to get to know real brazilian life.
The region is known as Serra da Beleza (mountain range of Beauty) with a lot of waterfalls and historically important because of the Coffee Era.
It is possible to travel from/to Rio and Sao Paulo using public transport.
We are looking for a creative educator to explore nature with our kids.
At the moment we are homeschooling our 6 years old daughter.
At the moment her interests are:
- improve swimming
- learning English by hearing
- learning read and write in German
- math 1 class
In case you are a teacher or would like to teach a certain hability, please let us know. We are Montessori and democratic pedagogy inspired.
We want to build a fish lake, so in case you have REAL or professional experience with this, please contact us!!!
We also need help to finalize our house:
- earth plastering
- wood work
and with organic planting and natural gardening.
Someone who would do some yoga, meditation, tai chi, Capoeira or similar with us would be wonderful as well!
Camping with own tend or shared room
There are some co-living basics :)
- please wash the plate you used (yes, unfortunatelly we need to say this...)
- please do not leave garbage behind, when you leave. A big part of trying to live sustainable and in harmony with nature is about lower our consumption and getting conscious of our waste. Plastic is not recycled in Brazil, so please think before you take a plastic bag in a shop.
- we have limited ressources, we need people who really are looking for an alternative lifestyle and want to come to help us. If you can bring some fruits, vegetables or whole grain food to colaborate it would be very helpful to receive more volunteers.
- as we generate our whole electrical energy, please be conscious that we can run out of energy, that is not always possible to charge your mobile phone, tablets or other things. It is an interesting exercise to slow down, get offline and rethink about how many electrical energy you actually use every day without noticing it.
- we have no phone and here in this region there is no cellphone signal.
- There is no bank or cash machine in Santa Isabel.
- We have 4 lovely and social cats and 1 dog.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week