Kumaran, the founder is a grassroots social worker who has been engaged in community empowerment work last 7 years in a small town named Batang Berjuntai, located an-hour drive from the capital Kuala Lumpur. He lives with his wife and 2 daughters in a rented house that couples as a community center for the marginalized and disadvantaged families. Together they upscale unused and depleted land into food forest using permaculture techniques with Moringa being their main crop. They work very closely with the local Municipality, Universities, schools and community leaders to reduce the rampant ill effects of social illness such as substance abuse, broken families, school dropouts, jobless, poverty and marginalization that is prevalent here.
25 families, 5 full-time people and currently hosting 1 volunteer are involved in the project. The project participants are responsible to develop and nurture sustainable moringa farm that can generate enough income to support their family. Volunteers are required to assist the participants in achieving their sustainable development goals.
During the last 2 years I hosted many volunteers who came randomly here.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
Engage constructively with people from diverse backgrounds of race, religion, culture, social standings and ages working to achieve one common goal which is a better future.
A great place to kick- start workaway experience in South East Asia by exposing oneself to the philosophical insight of volunteering in an environment that is truthful to the reality of unfortunate communities.
Experience deep connections, learn the art of giving without glorifying the giver and be immersed in high impact exchanges with the locals. Past volunteers have enjoyed mindfulness and clarity in ones action and inaction after volunteering with us.
Here are the list non-exhaustive of the tasks you can help the project :
-assist in the planting moringa trees using permaculture method in small farms owned by the poor and needy.
- assist in the harvesting, drying and separating of moringa leaves.
-assist host in designing and implementing permaculture solutions.
- help kids to do artwork (mural, decoration, etc) while exercising the kids language skills to beautify the moringa centre and homes.
- host liase closely with local university, schools and community leaders in empowering the poor and needy. Volunteers may be required to join and contribute ideas during these joint activities.
- host also prepare healthy meals for the poor and needy, volunteers can join the cooking and enjoy the meals together.
Private room is provided in terrace/village houses located within the community. Room is furnished with basic amenities. The host family stay in separate room.
We are very flexible with our meals. Sometimes we cook, sometimes volunteer cooks, sometimes we eat outside, sometimes we skip meals, some times we eat in friends house...
We can host maximum 6 persons at the moment. We have 3 locations with each can accommodate 2 persons each. In the future we plan to expand our facilities so we can host more people at any one time.
We also have the lakes which can be developed to be used as campsite.
Interesting things you can do during your free times are
- visit the kuala selangor town and see things like the sunset, monkey feeding, Masjid An-Nuriah (one of the worlds most harmonious place), the firefly park ($$$), drive around and collect stuff we can upcycle in our projects.
- kayak in the lakes and collect rubbish or clean up the banks
- ride bicycles with locals in the dirt roads
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
5 hours/day, 5 days/week. And still flexible according to the volunteers
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: