We are promoting our small fishing village Federal Highway 5 at Malaysia to youthful backpackers from around the world. We would like to provide a space for people to come and see the real Malaysia Fishing Village and connect to the local community. This is a town full of seafood, love and local traditional food . Besides , it is also a more than 100 year ago village surrounded buy fisherman. We are a group of young people and would like to bring energy back to this 100 years village, and connect more traveler to here. We need you and we would love to host you and let the world see this beautify and the lovely village in Malaysia - The Sound Of Small Village
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Hilfe mit Touristen
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
We believe that volunteers would be able to see the real Malaysia -Kuala Selangor through a locals eyes, we would show them the best places to go and the best foods to eat ( a lot of seafood waiting for you )
Someplace nearby to explore
1. Kuala Selangor Lighthouse is the town's most famous landmark and symbol. It was built in 1907
2. Monkey- There are troops of loveable silver leaf monkeys (silvered langurs) who like to frequent the road and tree branches in front of the museum.
3. Kuala Selangor Nature Park is made up of mangrove forest
4. Chinese / Hindu Temple (One of the finest Hindu temples in Malaysia)
5. Firefly visit at night
7. Padi field visit at Sekinchan
8. Local fruits garden and etc
6. Many more to explore...
We are looking for volunteers to help out at the hostel and backyard building and backyard/garden setup.
We also looking for talent in hostel management for helping reception work, cleaning and social media post. For creative tasks, we are looking for photograher, videographer who can help to record the village life and keep a copy in our mini library for traveler. We would preferably have people stay with us for at least two weeks.
1) [Urgently] Gardening/ landscaping- to reorganize or help to build a herb / edible vertical garden at the backyard. Good DIY organic farming & compost making experience & Landscaping skills for a garden will be an added advantage. Experience in gardening required.
2) Can cook simple and delicious lunch and dinner, we would love to learn from you.
3) Carpenters help or skills
- Handyman and some carpentry skills to make some shelves or cabinets.
4) Electrician and some handyman task
5) Creative artist for photography and videography, to assists in the record the local community life, your experience with local people in a 2 mins video and some photo. All the content will keep in our mini-library.
6) Conduct language class (language: Japanese, English, Korean, Italian, Spanish, German and etc )
7) conduct an event/interest sharing session if you have some life & special skills that can teach or share with others on any physical & mental well-being will be good. (Eg: yoga, animation/comics illustration/drawings, plant/music instrument, photography, programming, etc)
8) General Household cleaning before arrival and departure of other guests.
9) Programming ( App development/website) - To develop a relationship app for local community, reconnect the elder group to the younger generation by providing a family generation chart and etc.
1) Maximum 20 hours a week. Accommodation provided.
House area will need to be kept clean & tidy all times.
English , Chinese
We provide a bed in an air-conditioned dorm. Only Single dorm was available.
We are smack in the heart of Selangor with loads of town to visit, temples, malls, and less than 1 hrs from the KL city everything that Kuala Selangor has to offer at your doorstep.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Maximum 4 hours a day, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: