We are a social enterprise based in a rural Guatemalan community on the Pacific coast. We sell locally made products and run tours with the local guides in the surrounding national park. Through the sales of products and tours we are able to create employment opportunities in the community and then invest all profits in our education programmes in the primary and secondary schools. Since 2012, we have built a library, a secondary school, a computer lab, an organic garden and a multi-use community space. Post-pandemic we are supporting schools with teachers, educational resources, stationery, WIFI and electricity costs, infrastructure and maintenance as well as English lessons for staff.
Tourismus / Gastgewerbe
Hilfe mit Computer /Internet
- living in El Paredon, a beautiful coastal community situated in a national park.
- working with a cross-cultural team
- practice or improve Spanish/English language skills
- learning about community and sustainable development or tourism
- learning about local customs and traditions.
We look for volunteers with the following experiences or backgrounds:
-TOURISM (manage and receive tourists in our shop, be a tour guide and translator on our tours)
- SALES AND MARKETING (help with keeping track of stock, inventory, orders. Develop and strengthen marketing strategy)
- business administration (depending on the time of the year, help manage volunteer groups and whatever else needs doing)
- management consultancy
- FUNDRAISING (help us with grant writing, set up regular donations, crowdfunding)
- communications (photography, videography, social media)
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER/ COMMUNICATION EXPERT
**We are urgently looking for confident bilingual Spanish/English speaking volunteers who have good attention to detail and are willing to commit for at least 3 months
Basic shared accommodation.
What to do on your days off:
- swimming in the river or ocean
- fishing in the mangroves
- paddle boarding in the mangroves
- learn to make local food
- wake boarding
- visit turtle feeding ground and salt farm
- the turtle season is from August until December (for laying and hatching of the eggs)
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
5 days/ week, 5 hrs per day