Bisher 478 mal gespeichert
Things here are changing, we are moving site and due to the events of 2020 have found ourselves in a transitional state.
This is a great time to join us and really contribute towards re-building our projects. This year we are focusing on strengthening our children’s education projects, expanding our women’s education and workshop programmes, as well as preparing for a new village. As such we are looking for people who have skills in these areas as well as people who have experience building and working on any of these or similar projects!
Additionally, there is plenty of fundraising, marketing, and social media work to be done and anyone with specific skills in these areas is most welcome!
Due to the spike in virus cases across Europe, we have put extra measures in place to protect our village, volunteers, and beneficiaries. To reduce the risk of spread, we ask that you provide us with a negative PRC test taken 48 hours before.
Our village near Çeşme aims to become a self-sustainable village where we live together as a big family, with Turkish people, international volunteers, and Syrian families joining us to participate in the projects we run.
We currently have three programs:
1. Education Village where refugee women come to the village to take part in a variety of workshops; solar engineering, hand crafting products, women’s health, and more in order to become financially independent and facilitate their integration into Turkish society. This program also focuses on the education and development of refugee children that come with the women.
2. Distribution of basic items like blankets, clothes, hygiene kits, education materials to unofficial settlements in the İzmir area
3. Mobile education program to teach basic Turkish (songs, colours, numbers) to the children of the settlements, as well as health and hygiene information.THIS PROJECT IS CURRENTLY DISRUPTED BY COVID
Upcoming projects and skills needed:
We have a number of larger ongoing marketing and fundraising campaigns that always require marketing, photography, videography and website assistance.
In April we will move our village to a new location so will have an increase in manual labour jobs like dismantling, moving and rebuilding along with the possibility to begin a permaculture programme. We have not yet secured our new property so some of these things are site-dependent.
/!\ The Village is not a refugee camp!
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Babysitten und Kinderbetreuung
Hilfe mit Computer /Internet
Dieses Projekt schließt möglicherweise den Umgang mit Kindern ein. Mehr Informationen findest du in unseren Verhaltensregeln und Tipps hier.
- You will be in contact with travellers from all over the world
- You will likely learn a good amount of Turkish and/or Arabic language
- You will gain a first-hand understanding of the refugee situation in Turkey
- You will learn a lot from the women and children we host
- You can learn about the marketing and fundraising efforts of an NGO
- You can learn how to build and cultivate
- You can learn how to cook many international dishes
- Maintain the cleanliness and presentation of our communal spaces (as you would do in your own home)
- Maintain the solar engineering and education spaces used by the refugee women, completing upgrades and repairs as needed
- Maintain organisation and up to date inventory of distribution items in our warehouse
- Contribute to the education and entertainment of children accompanying the visiting refugee women. Through (though not restricted to) games, structured lessons (i.e turkish, math, english), as well as active and creative activities (i.e sport, painting). If you have skills like language, art or yoga teaching these can be helpful
- Support the coordination team with marketing, fundraising, photography, videography or other specific skills
- Share in meal prep and clean up on a rotational basis
- Contribute to and join in with workshops for the refugee women
- Contribute to the development of the village and community through existing/your own projects
Along with participating in the above mentioned distribution and education programs.
/!\ Do not hesitate to tell us if you have a specific project in mind, we are open to initiatives!
Speaking Arabic/Turkish is not a requirement but it is very helpful.
Types of help and learning opportunities:
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
Our Village is 3km away from the coastal town of Çeşme. We have shared accommodation in our volunteer house with separate rooms for men and women. We eat mostly vegetarian meals which are served three times a day. Besides that, there is free filtered water, coffee and tea all day. Showers are solar heated and these, along with toilets, are shared. Washing machines are available.
There is plenty to explore around the province on days off. You can eat ice cream in Çeşme, spend your day at the beach or go on a trip to nearby places (for example Ephesus, Chios, Alacati, Pamukkale, the ruins of Troy, etc.).
The nearest airport is Izmir:
After you arrive at İzmir airport you can take the airport shuttle - HAVAŞ bus to Çeşme OTOGAR (the last station). The ticket costs TL 30 and it takes around 1.15 hours. You can check HAVAŞ timetable here:
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
7am - 11am / 5pm-9pm
Warum lässt workaway.info Einträge von Gastgebern zu, die einen finanziellen Beitrag verlangen?
In Entwicklungsländern (wo die meisten Gastgeber gemeinnützige Arbeit oder Gemeinschaftsentwicklungsarbeit anbieten) verlangen einige unser Gastgeber einen kleinen Beitrag, um die Gastfamilie oder NGO zu unterstützen (meist handelt es sich um weniger als 5 USD pro Tag). Workaway lässt diese Art von Einträgen dann zu, wenn die Spende direkt an die Familie oder die NGO geht und nur dazu dient, die Kosten des Aufenthalts des Volunteers abzudecken. (Dies wird im Eintrag des Gastgebers deutlich angegeben).
Wir lassen keinerlei Inserate von Agenturen, „Vermittlern“ oder Projekten zu, bei denen wir das Gefühl haben, dass sie Profit aus dem Aufenthalt von Volunteeren schlagen wollen.
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: