We are located on the Black Isle in the Scottish highlands, overlooking the Cromarty Firth and mountain ranges beyond. The property consists of the main house, a large stone barn, an old railway signal box, a static caravan, community garden, our gardens and the animal enclosures. We maintain pigs and chickens and have 2 dogs and a cat running around.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Betreuung von Tieren
As a working microfarm in the Scottish Highlands, you'll meet travellers from all over the world, as well as get to know the ins and outs of restoring and maintaining a country property, gain experience in animal care and explore the beautiful surrounds of the Black Isle and further afield. I also speak fluent Spanish & some Portugese if you'd like to practice and/or converse.
We need help with lots of small projects and also the general ongoing maintenance of the property and it's gardens (ideally helpers should have intermediate English or above). Help is required for:
- Repairs / construction / cleanup of animal enclosures, fencing etc.
- General gardening (strimming, mowing, pruning, weeding, planting etc) and outdoor clean-up, painting, moving wood, some labouring (digging, shifting items)
- General house and property maintenance
- Help with maintaining the house indoors, including light and deep cleaning of private and workaway spaces, plant care, spring cleaning tasks and animal care (feeding pigs, chickens and walking dogs).
- The restoration of an old British Rail signal box for occupancy - unskilled tasks include painting, sanding, general cleanup, light labouring etc. If you have skilled / general knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, tiling and flooring etc, this would be a bonus for us.
We do prefer that helpers have some experience in living / working away from home.
Couples welcome if experience fits.
English, Spanish and some Portugese
A large static caravan with 2 bedrooms (one double, one single), a living area with wood burner stove, kitchen and toilet
A bothy (insulated room within the large barn) with separate toilet.
Full bathroom and shower facilities are in the main house.
We have unlimited wifi in the main house but unfortunately not yet in the accommodation areas.
Food is supplied for the household collectively (breakfast, lunch, dinner), so you can grab anything from the fridge to cook for yourself, or there will often be shared meals depending on our schedules. The fridge and pantry is always stocked with the basics eg. fruit, vegetables, pasta, rice, bread, eggs, milk and some meat.
Any specific snacks, alcohol or personal items (shampoo etc) should be purchased yourself.
Our location has easy access to the Inverness, the Northern Highlands, West Coast, Skye and the Hebrides for those wanting to explore. Buses run to and from Inverness (except sundays), where you can access trains, buses and rental cars.
Work time can be flexible (eg. longer days to take extra days off / days off to suit travelling in the area / work if you're a digital nomad).
We've got stunning views and great access to local forest/ beach walks, as well as a pub up the road!
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Maximum 5 hrs day, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: