We are residential theatre school promoting quality artistic teaching as well as mainstream education for over 50 local disadvantaged children.
It is also an all-night folk theatre performance and is well known for its energy and dynamism.
We have innovative ideas about education and also run a scheme to introduce the first ever female performers as well as offering offers marginalized, vulnerable, young rural people access to quality education and inclusive 24 hour care.
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
This small grassroots community theatre school is looking for committed volunteers to teach English to up to 50 children from disadvantaged backgrounds for a 6 month period.
(*However, at this particular time it is possible to work for a 4 month period up to mid-April/ May as the school will then close for the summer holidays.)
To support us in teaching our curriculum, we are looking for volunteers who are skilled, passionate, driven, independent and highly organised. You will be joining a team of passionate local teachers and a small team of international volunteers.
More about the person we are looking for (Person Specification):
• A good knowledge of how to create lesson plans and lesson evaluations
• Extensive knowledge and ideas about interactive , fun and effective teaching methods
• Excellent speaking and listening skills
• Proven ability to work pro-actively in a team and independently
• A willingness to learn about a new culture and adapt to local customs
• A strong commitment to disadvantage children and young people
• Desirable: Energy and patience ☺
All volunteers receive support from other staff and volunteers, as well as: 3 meals a day, own comfortable bedroom with western toilet, transport from airport, additional ad hoc support and guidance (such as accessing healthcare and full induction of local area)
• Location: , Tamil Nadu,India
• Duration: 4-6 months
• When: June 2012
• June- November 2012
mehr als zwei