My name is Guram and everybody calls me Guga. In November 2019 my wife (Nutsa) and I decided to escape from the everyday city routine and moved from the capital of Georgia, Tbilisi, to the village Kurdghelauri, Kakheti (East Georgia). We bought a house with a small garden (1400 sq. m.) and on one hand started renovating our home ourselves and on the other hand began planning and designing our garden by the principles of Permaculture.
Almost every day we are thinking about new and exciting DIY and eco projects in order to make our home and garden stand out and to share to our visitors the happiness that we feel constantly since we moved here.
In our place we have dogs, cats, rabbits and ducks. Recently we dug the pond and soon we will add some fish in our garden. However, the pond has to be sealed and we would like to do it natural way (i.e. without liners or cement), we are still working on it... Other than this there are lots of things to do and we would love to have your ideas of garden design, DIY and artistic projects that we could make together with you.
Currently we are renovating the exterior and the second floor of the house where we would like to make a guesthouse.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Betreuung von Tieren
Mithilfe auf einem Bauernhof
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Tourismus / Gastgewerbe
At our place together with us you will learn and improve gardening, building and constructing skills. We will work on some very interesting DIY projects and we would love to hear and fulfill your creative ideas.
You will have an opportunity to learn and experience:
- Building and renovation skills
- Permaculture - food forests, natural agriculture
- Simple woodworking
- Animal care
- History, culture and traditions of Georgia
We need help in the following tasks, but you can choose whatever suits you best:
- Decorating / Landscaping our home and garden
- General maintenance
- Taking care of the animals (dogs, cats, rabbits and ducks)
- Cooking / Learning to make new dishes
DIY Building and Renovation:
- Building the animal houses
- DIY Woodworking with pallet wood (outdoor benches, tables, planters, etc.)
- Building a simple greenhouse
- Plastering rooms
- Concrete flooring
- Stairs rendering
- Rendering / painting the fence
- Improving the sewage system
- Exterior cement-rendering
- Pebble dashing
- Solving the raising damp problem (hydro isolation)
- Wooden railing
- Renovating fence around the house
- 2nd floor ceiling (thermal isolation)
- Renovating 5 bedrooms of the house
- Creating art installations throughout the garden
- Propagating plants
- Lawn sowing
- Planting / Replanting
- Seed collecting
- Sealing and landscaping the fish pond
- Rainwater barrels painting
- Connecting rainwater barrels to the pond
- Pond cleaning and maintenance
Russisch: Gute Kenntnisse
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Sprachaustausch an
We'd like to improve our English, German and Russian skills.
Our place is 1.5 hours drive from Tbilisi (capital of Georgia) and 2 mins. drive from Telavi (capital of Kakheti). As of today we have one extra bedroom for our guests, shared kitchen, toilet and bathroom in the house.
We are vegetarian-friendly (we don't eat meat). We will share our food with you and will be very much interested to learn cooking new dishes from you!
We have a free wifi.
As our place is very close to Telavi, you can visit King Erekle II's palace, 900 years old plane tree, centuries old monasteries and more.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Platz für Wohnmobile.
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week