We are primarily a winter vacation company that rents vacation properties in the alpine resort of Champoussin. We offer a wide variety of services to our guests from cooking and cleaning to ski guiding and animation. We are open year round and looking for outdoor enthousiasts to help us take care of our guests.
Through out the year we have a number of friends, and former employes that stay with us long and short term. Most of them like me have travelled and worked around the world. We are always willing to share our knowledge, experiences and a few amusing ( sometimes embarrassing ) stories from our journeys. This is a small town where everyone knows everyone. And we hope that you will enjoy and feel welcome in our little community.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
While we are primarily a winter vacation organisation. We are looking for fun and energetic people who are willing to do a little bit of everything the whole year round. All the help needed is based around guest services and cleaning to entertaining and guiding. In the summer there is some painting and bit of yard work involved.
We have a couple of different offers available depending on what you would like to do, your specific skills, and how long you would like to stay.
1. For those of you wanting to spend as much time as you can on the mountain. We are looking for people that are interested in ( long or short term ) helping with the basic weekly tasks that would include.
- cleaning of the accommodations
- helping bring guests to the accommodations
- helping with shopping.
While schedules may vary. Almost all the work is scheduled for the weekends and a few evenings it would not exceed 15 hours. Giving you all the time you could ever want to spend on the mountain. We are always looking for people that would like to stay short term during the holiday periods, Christmas and Feb 10 until Mar 10.
In exchange we offer an accommodation in one of our apartments with other workawayers. The apartment has kitchen facilities and we cook meals together each day. We ask that you help pay for the grocery shopping which we normally do once a week. All other costs are also your own.
2. In addition to the above duties. We are always looking for people with specific skills or experiences that are valuable to our guests. If you feel you have a skill that we could use? Or are willing to help with extra tasks? We are more then willing to compensate you for your time.
Specifically we are looking someone willing to:
- Be responsible for the house keeping. This person would be asked to:
- Help plan the weekly cleaning schedule.
- Check inventory of products.
- Check and control the cleaning of the accommodations.
* While you would not need any professional qualifications for this position. We require that you are organised, know how to clean, be able to communicate with the others the schedule, and control the work of your colleagues once its completed. These people know who you are! And it would be an opportunity for you to earn a little extra for doing something that comes naturally to you anyways. I will be relying on this person a lot to be independent and take initiative.
* This position would require approximately 5 hours per week extra work. In exchange we would be willing to offer you board.
* We would require that you stay for an extended period of time. Minimum a few months, or the season.
- Guide and activities coordinator. This person would be asked to:
- Plan tours and activities for guests
- Be able to promote these activities around the village.
* This postion requires someone with experience in sports and promotions or marketing. Be able to communicate. English, French and or Dutch speaking preferred. We are looking for someone that is dynamic with a positive attitude. You have to have the energy and the type of personality to approach strangers and entice them to participate in the activities arranged.
* This position would require approximately 15 hours per week extra work. In exchange we would be willing to cover the costs of your groceries and your lift pass for the season. We would be willing to discuss an additional salary for someone who has the experience and the enthusiasm to approach this postion professionally.
* This position require that you stay all or most of the winter season. Approximately Dec 15 until April 15. There is also an opportunity for summer work. Please ask us about this.
English, French Dutch
Apartment to be shared with others. Probably will share a room with others. Those staying an extended period of time would be offered preferred accommodations.
While most of the positions available are for the winter season ( Dec 15 until April 15 ). Our staff accommodation is available the entire year round. If you are traveling through Europe and need a place to stay in Switzerland we would be happy to accommodate you in exchange for house sitting and maybe a few hours of help here and there during the off season. If you have never been to the swiss alps? This is your chance. Contact us and we will happy to make a deal with you.
Because Champoussin is a small village you will be visible to the guests on a regular basis and ask that when interacting with guests even on a social basis that you represent yourselves and Snowline in a respectful manner.
If you love to Ski or Snowboard this is the place for you. You will be free to ski at least 5 days a week.
All accommodations are located next to the piste.
Please keep in mind to bring your outdoor equipment, skis boards, etc.
Champoussin is a small village so there is not much night life or shopping. Please keep this in mind before you travel and make sure you have everything you need.
There is a company vehicle and we will go regularly into town to shop, etc. but it is not for personal use. There is public transport but it is somewhat tedious as there are a number of connections and times are infrequent.
While most of the positions available are for the winter season ( Dec 15 until April 15 ). Our staff accommodation is available the entire year round. If you are traveling through Europe and need a place to stay in Switzerland we would be happy to accommodate you in exchange for house sitting and maybe a few hours of help here and there. If you have never been to the swiss alps? This is your chance. Contact us and we will happy to make a deal with you.
Please contact us for more info.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Please log in and visit this profile to leave your feedback.