A BIG THANKS TO OUR 3 FANTASTIC WORKAWYERS AT THE 2017
AUGUST 2018 UPDATE: WE STILL HAVE SPACE FOR ONE MORE PERSON
The festival will run from the 7th to the 9th of September.
Plan on coming a few days before the event to get to know the crew, help out setting up things and to get your bearings.
If you love bouldering, rock climbing, hiking, trail running, caving or mountain biking, this IS the place to be.
IMPORTANT: you should speak/understand at least some Italian. Most of the people speak some English but a few of the people you will be dealing with on a daily basis only speak Italian.
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
You will have the opportunity to experience this beautiful area, meet a lot of new people and hopefully new friends. And of course, take part in many of the events.
We looking for a few volunteers to help us out during the 2018 festival.
We need help:
- staffing the info-point (helping out the info-point "leader", assisting festival goers, giving directions, etc. )
- gate control (greeting/ welcoming festival goers and making sure they are wearing a festival bracelet)
- keeping the festival site clean (picking up and throwing away garbage)
- PR (writing something about the daily events (in your native language), interviewing people at the festival, taking photos, and sharing them on a daily basis via our site/instagram/ our sponsors/ your connections.
- loading/unloading goods/beverages/festival stuff
-being ready to jump in and give a hand when needed
- spotting, help out during the bouldering events
-making this event even more exciting :)
Learning from last year's experience, each workawayer will be assigned a "sponsor" .... a person that you can always go to for anything you may need so you will never feel lost in the crowd or wonder who to ask what.
Italian English German
Accommodation will be at one of our local volunteer's house (we will be a little cramped) or if you have a tent you are welcome to stay at the village (or do a mix - we are flexible). If you don't have a tent but want to stay on-site we will do our best to find a tent for you.
You are welcome to stay a few days after the festival.
Wifi is limited at the festival but always available at our local volunteer's house.
You will be fed (at the festival or at the local host's house)
Unfortunately, we are on a super tight budget so you will have to buy your own booze.
This year's event will be held in Serra San Quirico. A beautiful little village not too far from the Caves. Last year's workawayers spent their time off bouldering, rock climbing, trying to master the Warrior and having fun at the FCF village. Along with chilling at their host's house. We are located on the Ancona - Rome train line.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week