We are a team of four individuals passionate about sustainable living.
Inspired by permaculture and Transition Towns, we teach skills and empower communities to implement their own projects. We run workshops, host community meetings and facilitate design and systems thinking to come up with solutions to local problems. We also design and build gardens and farms as well as programs e.g. recycling, advocacy.
These are the projects that we are focusing on for the coming months:
(1) Producing and marketing a community-building card game on endangered Malaysian animals. The card game IUCN backed and is in collaboration with the Malaysian Nature Society.
(2) Children’s edible garden in the city. We teach communities to set up edible gardens and provide workshops to skill build around subsistence farming.
Our office is based in Kuala Lumpur where work primarily with urban individuals and communities.
Help with Eco project
Help with Computers / internet
We are a young multicultural team and have hosted many travellers for the last few years. We love to share our country with you.
We’re looking for volunteers who care about the environment we live in and believe in grassroots change. Specifically, we are seeking volunteers who can help us with:
The card game:
• Building and designing a Wordpress website for the card game
• Marketing the card game on Instagram
Children’s garden at an urban community farm:
• Maintaining/managing children’s garden (i.e. weeding, leveling the soil, replanting)
Volunteers should expect:
The card game:
• Writing in English
• Ability to work independently with access to the team
• Interested in taking photographs for promotional content
• Local travel
Children’s garden at an urban community farm (permaculture-inspired):
• Managing a six-month-old plot with mix vegetables, flowers, and fruiting shrubs
• Working in the Malaysian climate (with sunblock and sunhats)
• Managing weekend volunteers from the neighborhood
• Taking photographs and recording the progress of the garden
It will be a plus if you are keen on sustainable community design/ projects, facilitation and working with children – community members.
KL Head Quarters:
Private room with fan and shared bathroom at our headquarters. We are very social so you'll get to meet a lot of our friends, activists and local community members.
We've hosted people from around the world and love to share with you about our local culture, politics and idiosyncrasies!
Office in Kuala Lumpur
- 20 min by car to city center; 1 hour by public transport
- near neighborhood shops, cafes, library, park
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
25 hours a week, 5 days a week