We are a team of individuals passionate about sustainable living.
Inspired by permaculture and Transition Towns, we teach skills and empower communities to implement their own projects. We run workshops, host community meetings and facilitate design and systems thinking to come up with solutions to local problems. We also design and build gardens and farms as well as programs e.g. recycling, advocacy.
These are the projects that we are focusing on for the coming months:
(1) Edible gardening workshops for primary school kids in Perlis and Terengganu
(2) Community agriculture workshops for housing communities
(3) Developing a card game on endangered local animals
(4) Revamping our website
Our office is based in Kuala Lumpur where work primarily with urban individuals and communities.
Help with Eco project
Help with Computers / internet
We are open for volunteers starting on the 20th of July 2017. We're looking for volunteers who care about the planet we live on and believe in grassroots change. Specifically, we're looking for volunteers who can help us with:
1. Coordination and logistics
2. Facilitating workshops for kids, youth, and adult
3. Building and designing website
4. Organise resource database
5. Managing booth (occasional)
Volunteers should expect:
- physical work in Malaysia's climate and use tools safely
- be interested in teaching students about sustainability
- respectful about Malaysian social norms in dress code, food habits, social interaction
KL Head Quarters:
Private room with fan and shared bathroom at our headquarters. We are very social so you'll get to meet a lot of our friends, activists and local community members.
We've hosted people from around the world and love to share with you about our local culture, politics and idiosyncrasies!
Office in Kuala Lumpur
- 20 min by car to city center; 1 hour by public transport
- near neighborhood shops, cafes, library, park
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
We are a young multicultural team and have hosted many travellers for the last few years. We love to share our country with you.
5 hours per day