We are a family of three (Raquel, Aron and Momo). Raquel is from Spain, Aron from Germany and Momo is a beautiful sweetie Estrela's dog. We came here to create our own life, following our dream of creating a place where we can share with others, live with inspiring people, offer events, deffinitely co-create and grow together. We have a traveler's soul (as we met traveling in India) so we love sharing experiences, keeping in touch with the international community and welcoming travelers in our property. We are friendly and love meeting people and at the same time we are very respectful of our privacy and personal time, so we also respect others' spaces and rithms.
We can speak english, spanish, french and german. Very little portuguese though.
It's kind of hard to define ourselves as means like tagging and limiting oneself, but we will tell you something about our past so you can have a perspective of us.
Our common interests are art, ecology and spirituality so that's what we want as pillars of our project.
Raquel (32): naturally from Madrid, grew up in the city where she studied Biology and has the bound of her family. But she is a curious explorer of life so since the age of 19 she's been somehow traveling while looking to develop her own understanding of life. She studied yoga, meditation and somatic practices as contact dance and massage so she dedicated some years to offers classes, workshops, retreats... Now she is dedicated fully to the property and the project so she is finding new and old interests to fulfill here.
Aron (33): naturally from Bavaria. He's being into spirituality since the age of 15. He's being studying Rudolf Steiner for years and even doing divulgation through books so he can tell you many things about this master. He's also a yoga and (mostly) meditation practitioner. For some years he's been training himself in a self didactic way about economics, investments and entrepreneurship.
Momo (puppy): she is a super loving being, very sweet and kind, she has zero aggression on herself. She loves playing and running around the property, especially with water. If you give her some love she will give it to you multiply per 1000.
Since february we are at our property Quinta da Serra in central Portugal, located in between Serra da Estrela and Serra da Malcata. 20' far from the town of Belmonte, 30' from Covilha and 30' from Guarda. It's quite remote, means the closest village is 2km far so if you are a person who likes moving around you will probably need your own car.
The property is 30ha and makes like a little valley so there is a microclimate that soften higher and lower temperatures. It's shaped in terraces and little hills. There are many paths and trails to walk around, if you are curious enough you will always find new beautiful spots. On the flat areas there are plenty of olive trees (180) and fruit trees like oranges, mandarines, citrons, pears, apples and figs, and on the hills there is mainly lavender, oaks... It is full of geological resources and has several water springs, so water it's normally not a problem here. We have a little mimosa forest and eucalyptus forest, even thought they are the so called "invasives", they are not abundant enough to cause a problem here.
We have two chickens that provide us with eggs as much as they want.
There is a main centenary stone house whose structure is quite strong to be used, so it is used as the community place. In the future we plan to restore it once we will have the resources and help needed. There is a dry toilet and a provisionary rustic shower (means we manually prepare and heat the water) and a secondary shower heated with solar energy. We are provided with a gas stove inside and for now we mainly buy everything until we can produce our own veggies at the garden.
We are building a garden in permaculture principles, we are super begginners and we are learning by studying and doing, so we would love helpers with some knowledge on the topic to avoid all the failures of a begginner, but if you are not you are still very welcome, we will learn all together then. We are planning also to build a greenhouse that would serve as shower and sauna.
Our energy system is based 100% in solar system, so for now the electricity spots are limited, but the plan is to make more around the property.
As we appreciated very much privacy and alone time, we have our own private space and the spaces where we share with guests and volonteers too. There is the possibily for helpers to sleep in bell tents ir un their own tent.
There is a swimming pool of natural water, so if you like swimming this would be a paradise for you to enjoy with the view of the Serra.
We have a caravan that serves us as an office or desk work.
There is no WiFi, but very good connection either for Roamming or portuguese SIM card.
WHAT WE WANT FROM THIS EXCHANGE
We are starting a big project and our main iinterest is to share it with others, make a place where many people can live, learn and enjoy life in the big sense. For now we are just starting and there are many things to do so the way of sharing with others would be BUILDING, from the physical structure to the emotional and energetical... so exchanges with like minded people are important for us, that's why we share here some of our values so you can apply to come as long as you resonate also with them:
- Respect to nature, from the earth to the animals, so we only use natural products for cleaning, we keep clean the land and we do not disturb wildlife like birds and deers.
- Respect of others spaces and timings when need it, we love sharing and in some moments of the day relax and be maybe alone or in silence, so we encourage you to find also your own time alone during the day.
- Cleaning and arranging is very important here, and the more people are the more we want it. So we will ask you to maintain everything as clean and arrange as you find it.
- Self responsability about your own person and action with others, so be aware of your movements (with your mates during work for example) and accept your part of responsability, this will allow to avoid misundertandings and conflicts.
- Compassion, forgiveness and love as main focus, we appreciate critical minds that are able to know what is right for themselves at every moment, but when we fail we have also the right as it's part of the learning.
- Connection and sintonizing as team, as we said we want like minded people to share and work with, so through time we can function as a whole that has its own stability and flexilibity for thriving by itself with less mind interaction, so would keep great with changes as letting people come and go.
If you resonate with that even if you think you are not fully there yet, but want to be you are very welcome!
***** We are open from 10th May to September and looking forward to host you!!!! *******
Práctica de idiomas
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cuidado de animales
Ayuda en una granja
Cocinar para toda la familia
WHAT WE OFFER:
- FOOD: breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lunch is cooked and eaten together. Breakfast and dinner is individual with the possibility of using the kitchen within timeframes and always cleaning afterwards. Sometimes we also have dinner together like "pizza or pasta party". And on weekends might be all more free and going with the flow.
- ACCOMODATION: as written, in a dormitory on the second floor of the house (hot during the day in summer) or tents or your own van.
- CLASESS: yoga and movement; depending on the demand and possibilities can be daily or weekly.
- LEARNING: through experience of any technical (gardening, building, cooking..) and personal development skill.
- ENJOYING the valley in all its nature, for exploration, exercise, relaxation, inspiration..
- DEVELOPING YOUR CREATIVITY in any aspect of your interest we will give you freedom and support (painting, decorating, handcraft, music, dance...)
- EXPLORING other areas around: we can suggest you places to visit like Serra da Estrela or markets and other events in the towns and inspirational projects around.
- SHARING wit us and other helpers so you can enrich your social network and we will be glad to be part of it ;)
THINGS TO DO:
If you come we suggest you remain open mind because there are many many things to do, we don't ask for experts in anything (if you are please come ;) haha) but we ask you to be open to work in any of the different areas:
- PERMACULTURE GARDEN: depending on the moment is about making garden beds, or wood chips, or seeding, or fencing, or creating paths, harvesting... advising us how to thrive better :) deffinitely whatever that a garden needs.
- BUILDING: we are just starting so there is always something to build or restore, from a composter bin, to a dry toilet, a shower, restoring walls or rooftop, making a platform for yurt, building earthbag houses, bungalows... We follow the principles of natural, ecological and economical building
- COOKING: we cook everyday lunch for eating together and we prepare and put available food for breakfast and dinner. If you have special or extra needs of food we ask you to solve it yourself, we can provide main meals but not fullfil everyone's special needs.
- CLEANING: from the house and common spaces, to the land. We plan to open more trails for walks and fire protection. We have to also keep bushes away from the house as a mandatory protection.
- DAILY TASKS: this we all do together or organised in planning. This tasks are like washing dishes and kitchen, cooking, feeding and cleaning chickens, shopping (normally with us)...
- THINKING AND BEING: about ways to create and co-create better together and for the best of the project, the global harmony and our personal and spiritual development. So we encourage you to propose things that come to your mind about how we can improve or just try in order to get better results for the project and for the team. We also appreciate you work on yourself, be aware of your needs and speak them up with assertivity and respect when need it. We consider loving communication and self responsability (physical and emotional) as important values for co-living. For this we do weekly team meetings to set tasks and needs and personal meetings to undertand better each other.
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
We are willing to learn portuguese
In bell tents, camping tent or your own van.
There is a public transport to markets, but it's long. If you really need lots of moving around would be better to come with a personal car as it's a bit remote property.
For time off you have plenty of spaces to be at the property for exercising or reading or whatever you like to do or if you want you can also go to events in towns (as markets) or others' projects.
Sometimes we can organise evenings of cinema, pizza, playing music or just dancing, we don't force it but we are open to let it happen.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Great for digital nomads, there is good connection. I suppose is better if you come with your own space like a van or a way of making your own desk. But you could also work on the common spaces.
We provide specific places for vans. There are no many shades though.
Loving and well educated pets are very welcome.
Más de dos
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week