288 “me gusta”
We are looking for two Workawayers (one person is also possible if you feel comfortable working alone) to make our garden ready for the winter break. Weeding, digging, collecting and drying wild herbs, maybe making compost, cutting wood and so on. If you feel the call, we are happy to hear from you :-)
And now about us: Hey there. We live in a lonely big house in the hills of Switzerland ;)
We are three people, two adults and a two year old child. We want to build up a community here, as there is a lot of space in and around the house. So we like to share the things, practice a collaborative way of life.
Our house was till 2007 a small school for about 20 children of some farms in the surrounding area.
We transformed it to a pleasant community house with some comfort.
The house is 5 minutes (by car) from the village. It's surrounded by nature (trees, meadows, rivers, cows...), so it's a good place for hiking and just 'to be' without noise, cars or other 'stuff'.
I, Sera, personally like playing games, playing music (piano, guitar), cooking, hiking, being with my two year old son...
I live an alternative life, try to use my heart not just only the mind. I'm connected to nature, humans, spirituality and consciousness. At the moment I live mostly in Basel and just visit this place for holiday or +/- one weekend per month.
Theodor is a true all-rounder with experience in many areas of craft and work. He likes community building and looks forward to people with spirit, heart and yearning beyond civilization for true magic and transition - people who are self empowered and are able to initiate rather than to wait for orders. At the moment he is in the house around 3-4 days a week, the other days he is in Basel.
Our interests, that we also like to share with Workawayers:
- Spirituality (Sera beliefs in nature, Theo in the ghost ;-)
- self awareness (Emotions, patterns, self responsibility)
- Connection (to myself, to others, to the - lets say - universe)
- Body health (good nurriture, yoga, ...)
- Wild herbs
- Free learning (Home schooling)
just to name some...
Práctica de idiomas
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cuidado de niños y juegos creativos
Cocinar para toda la familia
Ayuda con ordenadores/Internet
You can learn about the rural life in Switzerland. You could learn the language, I can also teach some (juggling) games and some (basic) music. I can give you advise about hiking in the area. In winter you can go skiing (if there is snow...). There are some rivers where you can take a bath - or you use our sauna in winter ;)
We're open to receive workawayer's with children.
En este proyecto podría haber niños. Para obtener más información, consulta nuestras directrices y consejos aquí.
- Gardening: We have two large raised beds, where we want to plant vegetables and herbs; prepare greenhouse, prepare compost, possibly digging a little pond. We like permaculture, but don't practice it now...
- help on the ground: renew the terrace, build a pool, change sand in playground, build up 2 more raised beds…
- General maintenance: wood works, renovation work, special projects like: clay oven, hot pot, compost toilet…
- help with computers, integration of mobile-apps, music download. internet: our webpage needs an update...
- cooking / shopping / cleaning: we like to share the necessary works in the house, there are many windows to clean
- Art project: We are really interested in making the place nicer, fancier, inspiring ;-)
- There are a lot of things we want to sell (maybe flea market) or give away.
What are your skills? We are open to receive what you feel like to give. We like if people work in an independent and creative way, and we don't like to 'control' everything you do...
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
You'll live in a private room with a normal bed and have your private space.
You'll use the community parts of the house: common kitchen, a big multipurpose room (piano, party, relaxing, workshops, playground, workout, boxing …), sauna, small library, sports ground…
We like to cook and eat together, but it's ok if you have other needs.
We also like to share the work that comes up during the day, like cooking, cleaning...
The next village is 5km, you can walk (1 hour) or maybe use the car / get a ride.
The place is good for hiking and enjoying the nature.
In Langnau (30min by car) you'll find some nice (coffee) shops.
Normally you work at your own or we try to find two Workawayers that help on the same time.
You can also bring your Workaway-friend ;)
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Este anfitrión ha indicado que le encanta acoger a nómadas digitales.
Este anfitrión puede proporcionar un sitio para autocaravanas.
Este anfitrión dice que acepta a viajeros con mascotas.
Más de dos
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: