367 “me gusta”
We are Laura and Ronald, mother and son living in the beautiful coast of Costa Esmeralda. We are running a small business of beach house vacational rental and campings, and we would love to share our simple life style with all kind of people around the world and to show a bit of what's to live in a traditional mexican beach area surronded by nature. We are eassy going and love to have any kind of cultural exchange.
We need some help improving our place in any way so we are looking for Workawayers willing to give us a hand, share their way to leave and enjoy the place.
It is a high asset to have construction/building skills or experience.
** Just hosting couples right now.
Práctica de idiomas
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
If you want to discover an authentic part of Mexico, this place is for you.
Costa Esmeralda is not a big turistic area so the traditions and cultures are still very authentic.
Staying here, you will meet and live with a lot of local people happy to show you their ways to leave and their costumes, you will try the delicious and very varied local food and you will learn many local words that you won't find anywhere else in Mexico.
Also, you can visit places around that have a lot of history behind and of course, the amazing nature and wild lide of the state of Veracruz.
We will provide you an always different homemade meal per day so you can taste many different flavours of the delicious mexican kitchen.
Also we can provide you transportation and tours around the region.
We are building a wood cabin as the main project for the next months. This involves: working with tools (powered), being creative and analytic, having improvisation skills, carrying some planks and working outdoors.
It is important for you to feel comfortable working with powered and non-powered tools, wood, and construction material.
It is a very high asset to have construction/building skills or experience.
The daily tasks in our house are simple and dynamic, we normally have fun projects going on where you can help but you can also help with any kind of skill or hability that you like to do.
Some of the projects we work on are:
- Building: Eco cabins and teepes in our backyard.
- Camping: Installing and equipping tents.
- Wall: Building a protective wall with recicled tires for our house against the ocean.
- Painting: walls in general and any kind of art.
- Gardening: Watering the garden and keeping it nice.
- Bon fires at the beach: Preparing bon fires for guest experiences and for everybody :)
- Romantic Dinners at the beach
- Building palapas with Palm trees.
- Cleaning the beach.
- Basic general maintainance at the house.
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
We would love to practice and improve our english.
-Accommodation in a big, well venti lates shared room with two-three beds (pillows, sheets and bedspreads Included), shelves, fans, wifi, common table and towels. Just couple steps away from the beach.
-Common kitchen and common bathdroom (with accesories).
-Transportation to the local market to buy groceries.
-Guidance and information on activities and places to go around the region (free transportation and tours are provided when possible).
-All the resources of the hostal (beach kit, coolers, surfboards, laundry, garden, etc.)
- No Drugs.
In the area you will find several things to do, most of them are easily accesible by public transport or local taxi's and not more than 1 hour away from the house. Here is a list of some a the things you can do:
1. Mangrove ride tour inside in the estuary guided by a local who will explain you all the flora and fauna of the region. (15 minutes away walking from the house)
2. Visit the archeological ruins "El Tajín" in the town Papantla. (1-2 hours away in public transport from the house)
3. Rafting in the whitewaters of the river Filobobos and swim in its crystal clear pools under a big waterfall in the middle of the mountain (2 hours away in public transport from the house).
4. Do a roadtrip all along the coastal.
5. Explore the towns nearby and taste their local food.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
We provide wifi and a working area in case you need to work online or to take classes. You will have time every day.
If you come with your camper/van/motorcycle or something similar, we have a place for you.
Más de dos
Maximum 4 hours a day, 5 days a week
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: