Hard work since 2002 has brought us to where we are today - a successful concept on Koh Lanta with a unique approach and a different “way of thinking” than other places. A few things make us stand out from the crowd:
1. Our COMPASSION for animals in distress on the island. Our profits go to the animal welfare charity that the owner founded.
2. Our true PASSION for food and a desire to create a laid-back, and welcoming atmosphere for people from all around the world.
Our place consists of:
- A professional and fun open-air creative Thai Cooking School with cocktail / wine classes.
- Our place is recommended in almost all worldwide guide books
Junie, is owner of this business and is also the founder of the registered animal welfare charity on the island. The profits from the business goes to her registed animal charity,where thousands of cats and dogs have been rescued, sterilized, given lifesaving medical care and also found loving homes all over the world.
By volunteering with us, YOU help to support the work of our Animal welfare centre, get to know more about the Thai culture, the people, the amazing food, also socializing with other volunteers and Thai staff at our animal welfare centre.
Because of the Covid situation, we had to give up the rental location on the beach. We have now moved next to the animal rescue centre
We accept volunteers of 25 yrs and up. (Can do exceptions if your qualifications are a perfect match)
Trabajo de caridad
Cuidado de animales
Ayuda con ordenadores/Internet
You will learn the secrets of the Thai cuisine, and will be working close with Thai people.
We are a small team, so you will be part of “the family” We have regular social get togethers, either that be onsite or going out to local bars/restaurants/excursions.
Since you are an animal lover you will never forget the animals you meet and how you have been a part to change their lifes to the better.
1. Bartender and holding cocktail / wine classes. You need to have good knowledge of both cocktails and wine, and also enjoy talking to people and sharing your knowledge. The guest group will be small. Your English is very good.
2. Social media, photography, video editing (you would need your own laptop, camera and software etc.) You have a passion for the visual and a knowledge too. With this, you can help a rescue animal to get adopted to a forever home. Now isn’t that rewarding?
3. Animal trainer/behaviorist (positive re-enforcement only) Don’t get confused… as we support the animal charity we are looking for a volunteer for this position also. It would be great if you can inform what kind of experience / education you have before applying for this position.
In all positions you need to have a passion for animals and be very comfortable around dogs and cats, that might be scared because of former abuse. There will be rescue animals where we conduct the cooking and cocktail classes. Because of this, you can’t have animal allergies.
- You understand that you will be committed to stay for the time we have agreed on. By not doing so, you are putting us in a very hard position, which results in letting the animals down that we care for. Unfortunately, we have been let down by several workaways, we truly hope that won’t be you!
- You understand that this is working holiday, but very rewarding as well ;o)
We offer a daily fixed rate for food allowance for volunteers. There is a weekly fresh market once a week right next door, and convenience/food offer a fixed /veggie shops close by.
The accommodation is in an enclosed secure area with maybe other volunteers. Each room accommodates 2 people and a bathroom with “climate temperature” shower and a Thai western style toilet (see picture cartoon) The rooms have mosquito nets, fans and two sets a bedding which you are responsible to clean yourself (laundry service on the island is very cheap). The rooms will be clean of course when you arrive, but you have to keep them clean yourself. Not doing so will attract bugs. There is a shared kitchen / with table, comfy chairs and hammocks, fridge and cooking stations. It’s important that you clean after yourself.
*Also in the enclosed area we have a longterm cat recovery (8 large cages with usually 1 cat in each cage). This is cleaned twice daily by the welfares vet nurses, so there is no smell. On the positive side you have the opportunity to give them cuddles as long as you follow the procedures. Since the accommodation is onsite with the animal welfare, you will have to be tolerant with some animal noise.
We want to honest about the accommodation, we have had more than 500 volunteers staying with us that are very happy with this and the atmosphere. Then there are some who have too high or “wrong” expectations that are not. So please be honest with yourself what you want. The rooms are not like a 5 star hotel, so if you are looking for that you should apply somewhere else.
The kitchen is also shared with staff from the animal charity, so you will have a good opportunity to get know Thai locals as well, all sharing the same passion – animals and FOOD!
There are motorbikes and bicycles for rent, so you can easily discover this great Island on your free time. Other things to do: Lanta is a diving paradise! Snorkeling trips, Biking, Yoga, Meditation, Joging on the beach, doggie walks at our animal shelter, and enjoying the laid back atmosphere. Luckily Lanta is not over populated with charter tourists like Phuket and Koh Samui. Keep in mind that it is a tropical country so the heat can be intense and humid, particularly between 11.00 and 16.00.
Travel / health insurance is compulsory when volunteering with us!
Please read all details above again - twice, and carefully, before you contact us. If this is not for you, maybe you know some one that's just the right person?
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
5 days a week (25 hours a week) The amount of hours each day may vary, we will try to be flexible. The working times will vary from which position you are applying for.