58 “me gusta”
My husband Patrick and me, Jane live in the Mallorcan countryside 1kilometre from the village of Vilafranca de Bonany. Our home is a villa surrounded by fields with views across the valley on 3 sides. Amazing number of birds and wildflowers surround our rural location but its still only 5 minutes drive into the village and a 10 minute drive from Manacor, capital of cultured pearls. 25 minutes from the capital city of Palma and other villages and coastlines are between 30 minutes and an hour away
Patrick and I moved here in October 2018 with our 11 rescue dogs which we brought to Europe from the Caribbean. Our dogs are all ages, sizes and types, full of fun and energy. They are our 'fur kids'. We have a garden but its not quite large enough for our dogs to run as they would like to so we walk them every day for on a mile hike in the surrounding fields, We'd love workawayers to join us to walk our dogs and create a new larger doggie play area in an adjacent lot.
Do you like a bit of gardening or would like to learn some cooking skills ?
Our garden is paved mainly, desperately in need of more flowers and colours.We would love to host someone who knows a bit about gardens especially container gardening to pretty up the areas around our swimming pool.
If you are a photographer there are so many places to capture it would take too long to note them all here.
There are lots of cultural trips possible: Close by there is The Calderers House Museum and farm- dating back to 1750.20 minutes away is the coastal town of Porto Cristo, where there are the Caves of Drach and cute small town with oats to the nearby islands., There is Palma old town with its magnificent Cathedral and trips to the quieter north of the island are also worth doing, or visiting the Nature parks around the Tramuntana mountains. There are many options to amuse yourselves .
We suggest that WorkAway volunteers plan to visit for 2 weeks to benefit from the Mallorca experience,
Ayuda en casa
Ayuda con animales
1. Come and discover the beautiful island of Mallorca from countryside to coasts to mountains. Safe cycling paths around the island. Fantastic place if you love Nature. The fields surrounding our home are filled with so many birds we haven't identified them all as yet. Wildflowers and the Tramuntana mountains and nature parks will keep any nature lover happy. Good infrastructure makes travelling around Mallorca easy, discover Mallorquin Culture, Cuisine and wines
2. COOKING I was a professional chef and still love to cook. If anyone would like to learn some new cooking skills and recipes as part of their experience we can try out local recipes or any kind of cuisines.
3. ART Projects and Photography opportunities
Art Projects : I love to 'upcycle' furniture so you may want to try your hand at some Arty creative projects and help me finish the various ones I started .
1. DIY-ers ! We have a project to develop a small piece of our garden into a "Doggie playground." We have ideas but are not very expert at DIY, or putting up fences and creating a fun place to keep our crazy bunch occupied, but safe.
We are looking for people who have some DIY skills like woodworking, painting, and like to work with their hands. Help us create a large fenced enclosure, shady summer dog-house with a deck, a water feature and other fun obstacles
2. DOG LOVERS Obviously we are looking for people who LOVE dogs ! We would hope you would also help us walk our pack of dogs and we'd liketo do some day trips with small groups of our dogs to other areas of the island especially when we have a couple of extra pairs of hands.
3. People who love nature and gardening Would welcome someone who is reasonably skilled in gardening and knows about plants, I would love to learn from you !
4. PHOTOGRAPHERS ! Are you a very good photographer? Jane needs help to learn how to use her Nikon DSLR 3400 camera, so many options and I haven't got out of AUTO mode ! Is there anyone who would like to spend a week on Mallorca exploring the old town of Palma, the villages, coasts and the mountains photographing this beautiful island and teaching me how best to work with my camera ???
English, French, some italian and Some Spanish
Villa- We have 2 guest bedrooms with a separate bathroom. The house has wifi- of course ! - and cable tv.
Meals : We would provide a continental breakfast and one main meal each day. Couples welcome. We have a swimming pool and a large shady patio to relax in, there is an in-house library as Jane is a total bibliophile !. if you need to borrow a book, we have hundreds on all kinds of subjects, novels, art, photography, cooking etc etc..
There are lots of cultural trips possible: Close by there is The Calderers House Museum and farm- dating back to 1750s Just 20 minutes away is the coastal town of Porto Cristo, where there are the Caves of Drach and the town has a beach and harbour with boat trips to the nearby islands, There is Palma old town with its magnificent Cathedral and trips to the quieter north of the island are also worth doing, or visiting the Nature parks around the Tramuntana mountains.
All around Mallorca there are safe cycling paths and currently we have two bicycles our guests can borrow. There are many options to amuse yourselves .
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Más de dos
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: