31 “me gusta”
~ Volunteers are welcome again from spring till autumn of 2021.
Magyar önkénteseket is nagyon szívesen fogadnánk! ~
Sziasztok! We are Csongi (35) and Ágota (27), a Hungarian couple living on the countryside of South-Eastern Hungary. Our farm is located in a tiny village, 8 km away from Szarvas, 10 km away from Békésszentandrás.
Csongi is a super chef and a furnace-builder, he can work with adobe and wood, and fixes things around the household.
Ágota has artistic abilities (music, sewing, painting,...), some knowledge about wild herbs and ritual practices.
Both of us admire upcycling, creating and playing in general.
Please read about our current projects and living conditions down below!
We'd like to host 2-3 volunteers at a time (families still can come).
If you request, we can provide you vegetarian or vegan dishes without a problem. We usually eat meat, too.
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Ayuda en una granja
En este proyecto podría haber niños. Para obtener más información, consulta nuestras directrices y consejos aquí.
We can teach you for example:
- working with clay and adobe;
- using a sewing machine, sewing by hand and embroidery;
- how to build wooden-heated stoves, or furnaces;
- using wild herbs for maintaining your health;
- jamming with instruments, we have: zither, jaw's harp, djembe, recorder flute and of course our voices;
- reconnecting to your inner self.
We are happy to learn from you too!
Projects you can join us in 2021:
- biggest project will be the renovation of the side-building’s whole roof, and half of the clay structure,
- maintaining a big garden based on permaculture/ food forest concepts,
- maintenance and repairing: painting with lime, insulating and fixing the outside walls with clay,
- putting down a wooden floor in the guest room,
- taking care of an apple-tree garden in a separate area,
- collecting firewood for winter,
...and we are open for your imagination and creativity! :)
There is always some general housework: cooking, cleaning, decorating.
In the area there are mushrooms, herbs and wild fruits we can gather.
Our life is simple and comfortable, nothing too fancy, but we always have enough warmth and food for everyone.
There's a small guest room in our house, where two people can sleep on a mattress. We also have a separate single mattress; and tents to use in the garden. We can provide blankets, pillows or sleeping bags.
Smoking is allowed only outside of the house.
Water: we have tap water to shower from our well. We go to a nearby well for drinking water. We collect rainwater for the garden.
Toilet: there's a regular indoor and an outdoor composting toilet.
Electricity: we have it from the system.
No TV, no WiFi.
Our village is very small, there are some pretty houses around us and a “wooden sculpture park”.
There's also a small river at 10 minutes walking distance, where you can swim for free. We have extra bicycles that you can use to ride around the area.
In Szarvas (8 km), there are some cute parks and more local sights to see.
Public transport is working great, there's direct bus contact from Budapest to Szarvas and it takes 3 hours. With train it’s shorter time, but you have to change from one line to an other.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Next to our main building there is a huge agricultural field to park your van and watch the wild animals, sunrise and sunsets.
Yes! We will have some chicken and cat too, soon!
Más de dos
4-5 hours a day, 2 days off, meals provided