From: United Kingdom
Australia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Vietnam
08/03/2019 - 31/10/2020
Couple from Bristol travelling for different cultures, food, art, animals, music, and an environmentally friendly world!
Hello! We are a couple from Bristol, England. One of the top cities in the UK leading the way to a more environmentally friendly world! Which we are both really passionate about.
We love to travel! We landed in Australia in November 2019 after travelling through Asia since January 2019. We LOVE learning about different cultures, food, art, animals and music.
It's very important to us that we truely make a difference to the state of affairs our world is in at the moment! We have done many Workaways and have gained SO MANY skills and so much knowledge from each of them. We are so grateful for that.
Both coming from very different professional backgrounds- Beth’s experience is in healthcare. Whilst Ben has a more creative focus; studying art, design and illustration, with multiple hobbies within this field.
We are friendly, positive and driven. We love meeting new people, we will always accept a challenge and are eager to help :)
We are really interested in learning about the local indigenous communities and culture wherever we are in Australia. We believe it is the most important things to learn here. We pay our respects to all elders all over Australia, past present and emerging.
Ps - LOOKING FOR A WORKAWAY FROM 3RD DECEMBER - 14TH/15TH IN QUEENSLAND!
Between us we have a huge range of skills!
Since beginning our Workaway adventure in March 2019, we have helped with a huge range of projects!! We can now proudly say we have experience in:
- helping with tourism at a desert resort, India
- teaching English, art (Ben), equine therapy (Beth) and other subjects at a school, Nepal
- hospitality and animal care at a cat rescue shelter/ cat cafe, Vietnam
- teaching horse riding to all ages and abilities + exercising horses & management (Beth), Sri Lanka
- front of house help in on a small island resort, Malaysia
- helping with eco projects and sustainability at a conservation organisation, North Borneo
- house sitting, gardening, animal care, Australia
- dog boarding assistants + housekeeping help, Australia
- working on a cattle station in rural NSW for 5 months. Tasks inc riding horses and preparing them to be sold (Beth), mustering and other work with cattle & sheep, fencing, painting, farm maintenance
- helping on a hobby farm; gardening, fencing, helping build a veranda (Ben) and learning about permaculture, land restoration & non intensive farming
- BETH has 20 years experience with horses, from equine and stable management, to freelance riding and British Showjumping. General farm animal work.
- experience managing a B&B
- 3 years working in healthcare; from an elderly nursing home to psychiatric hospital.
- 2 years volunteering in the UK as assistant manager at a charity for children and families affected by autism.
- BEN everything creative!!
- qualifying from college with a distinction in art and design, further studying illustration and animation.
- painting, drawing, graphic design, photography, digital programmes, typography, life drawing, art history study.
- 8 years working in customer service; many skills with communicating on a personal/ professional level with all types of people.
- experience working in a housing company; knowledge of trade/labour work, account managing and details on renting properties.
26 & 25
We love being surrounded by nature, animals and we have a huge interest to learn more about yoga and meditation.
We enjoy attending music events and always trying new festivals around the world.
Beth would like to peruse a career in mental health/ ecology/ so many things!!! Ben would like to pursue a career in artistic set design for events, become an art teacher or full time illustrator.
Special dietary requirements