India, Iran, Pakistan, Turkey
11/02/2018 - 11/02/2019
We are Virginia and Hipólito, two travelers on a long trip which started in May ’15, after finishing university. Starting in Brazil this trip brought us to Europe. We started travelling by hitch-hiking and making volunteer work in exchange for accommodation on eco-projects communities in Bahia and Goias. After that, we started a bike road trip along the Amazonas’s jungle where we travelled also helping on boats sailing along the rivers, visiting many countryside towns. After north Brazil we arrived to French Guyana, where we took a flight to Paris.
After that we were in Quimper city, in French Brittany, working voluntarily, in a non-workaway exchange, helping in a family house, cooking and taking care of two twin babies (two month old).
Now we want to discover and travel aroundTunisia, getting really involved with local culture and lifestyle. Then we decided that workaway placements would help us travel for longer, meet interesting people and learn new skills that surely will one day help us build our life.
We are both creative open minded people, who love -and want to get very into- the outdoors and are happy to try our hand at any tasks. We are hard workers. We don't mind to give hours when we feel like we are contributing to something good and appreciated.
We're both quick learners and have a "will do" attitude. If you can show us how, we will do our best to learn any new skills you need. Is important for us to put our skills to good use.
We both worked our way through university by working in our own projects:
• We ran a handmade preserved food enterprise in which we made jellies, jams and pickles and also the marketing and sale. (You can explore by facebook https://www.facebook.com/Conservasdel30 considering it is not updated because it is not working since we started travelling)
• We ran a farming project by growing an organic sweet potato culture. We prepared the soil, planted, removed unwanted weed, irrigated and harvested by ourselves.
• During our last summer at home we set up pizza trucks in several music festivals where we cooked and served ourselves.
• At Goias, Brazil, we worked at an eco-project community running the kitchen and helping with eco-building.
• At Bahia we worked at another eco-project community by gardening and cooking.
But, maybe the best skill we can offer is ADAPTABILITY. We're open and willing to consider all projects.
Do not hesitate to ask for more information!
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
Our main attraction is our "will to do" attitude and adaptabilty! We love to put our hands in the ground. We are good cooks, specificly Hipólito in bakery, and also some abilities with computers. Aesthetic furniture renovation skills (but not to be called carpenters, that is a bigger word).
We are looking to learn new skills. For example, we are learning a lot of baby caring.
Spanish, italian, english, portuguese and french
30 & 30
Is important for us to live with a sustainable perspective, being consious and friendly with our enviroment.
Special dietary requirements