Griechenland, Kroatien, Marokko, Mexiko, Portugal, Spanien, Zypern
01.11.2019 - 30.06.2022
unterwegs auf Reisen
Hey, I'm Zola - an outgoing and kind-hearted Scottish girl! My biggest passions in life are travel, adventure and meeting new people from across the world.
I have been living in Vietnam for the past 2 years working as an English teacher and travelling around Asia in my spare time. In Vietnam, I completed three Workaways working with children and each one was incredible. More recently I have spent one month in Zagreb, Croatia working in a hostel.
I'm always happy and very confident working with children and teaching English, but I also love to be involved with other projects and develop some new skills. I learn quickly and take on new tasks with lots of enthusiasm!
I have 4 years of customer service experience in the U.K and have stayed in around 100 hostels around the world so I am very happy to work in a hostel or help with cleaning/customer service - and you'll always see service with a smile! :)
About my personality; I am outgoing, friendly and love having conversations with interesting people. In life, I put the most into everything I do and would love to share my time and effort to help you.
In my free time, I like to socialise, appreciate nature, read, chill at the beach, cook and meditate.
I am always excited about my next adventure; another chance to learn from people and experience life immersed in a new culture.
Thank you for reading my profile. Hopefully, we can meet soon to share old memories, make new memories and have experiences we will never forget!
- I hold a 168 hour TEFL certificate (plus 20 hours in classroom certificate).
- I hold a 30 hour TEFL certificate for teaching one-to-one and online.
- I hold a BSc in Psychology; a 4-year programme from the University of Glasgow (Prestigious Russel Group University).
- I hold a Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills; this has enabled me to become an excellent communicator and listener.
- I have over 1-year experience working as a full-time carer for adults with Autism; this has honed my skills of patience and resilience.
- I have 4 years experience in the hospitality and customer service industry; this has made me clean and tidy, flexible and able to connect with all types of people!
- I am knowledgeable with ICT, including Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint and blogs.
- I have lived in the UK my entire life which has granted me with first-hand knowledge of the culture of English-speaking countries.
- I completed a 4-month Internship at a German University which has contributed to further developing my interpersonal and communication skills with other cultures.
- I have lived in Vietnam teaching for 2 years - I teach in public schools with up to 50 students in each class! I teach 30 classes and up to 1,500 different students every week and prepare all my lesson plans.
- I have travelled to many European and Asian countries independently, this is my hobby as I adore meeting new people from all over the world.
- I have climbed Mount Kilimanjaro (the World's highest free-standing mountain!) I did this for charity and raised $120,000 - this shows how hardworking and passionate I am.
- I played in a World championship section brass band for 6 years and have played in many national competitions and won many trophies; this taught me to never give up.
- I taught private music tutor sessions for 5 years.
I would like to leave you with a quote from my previous manager:
"In closing, I’d like to restate my strong support for Zola’s next venture to experience life. I’m confident that she will surpass your expectations in whatever role she takes on. Zola is driven, self-confident, proactively helpful, and smart, and I know she will continue to find success moving forward; and bring kindness and joy to everyone she meets going through her journey in life. She will always be welcomed back to our team as she has fulfilled her role to an excellent level."
I am sure we will have a special time working together and probably become great friends!
I am happy with basic accommodation and I am willing to help wherever I can.
Hope to hear from you soon.