Chile, Fidschi, Kolumbien, Peru, Thailand
01.07.2019 - 18.11.2019
I’m Zahrah, 24, living in Berlin.
I’ve been working full time for 3 years as a teacher, and even though I used to travel during school breaks - I’m taking a break from full time work, and would love to travel, to have more time to do the things I love, and experience more of the world out there.
*️️️️*️️️️*️️️️About my life*️️️️*️️️️*️️️️
I really feel like a child and student of the world! I’ve been exposed to so many cultures growing up because my family moved around a lot. I’ve lived in Indonesia, Senegal, Egypt, Bahrain, and New Zealand.
I speak English and Indonesia fluently, French (conversational) and German (beginner) - but I do pick up languages easily - I know a little bit of Mandarin, Arabic, Korean and Japanese.
During my university years, I did mostly part time jobs as a waitress and administrator. I worked as waitress for 3 years, and I did some volunteer work in SPCA (Animal Care), fundraisings, and tutoring (language buddy).
After I graduated, I found my passion in teaching! I then worked full time as a teacher for 3 years.
I’m very friendly and I love to have conversations with people, especially those that make me think and many other interesting topics about the world. I am outgoing, but I also need my alone time. I am generally a calm person and enjoys the little things in life. I am very empathic and will always listen to my friends if they need me, I just really like helping others. but I also respect people’s privacy. I am very open - I like listening to people’s stories, and experiences, and I love to try new things.
In my work (and life), I’m very organised and plan things ahead of time. I’m a very hard worker because I feel bad when I waste time.
- Play music: singing and playing guitar/piano
- Yoga (and meditation)
- Reading (especially at a cafe with a coffee)
- Taking walks in nature
- Spending time and connecting with people I love
- Yoga and meditation
- Spirituality (Psychology and philosophy too) and love love love
To connect with more people and live life mindfully. To challenge myself continuously and learn an abundance of new things about people, nature, culture and my own self. To experience the world and always become a little wiser with new stories to tell. To spread love!
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
I have worked in different areas such as hospitality, administration, and education.
What I can do:
- I can help in hospitality (waitressing, food prep, customer service, handling guests)
- I can practice language with you (English and French)
- I can cook and do shopping for you.
- I can housesit / do general house maintenance - I am a very tidy person and actually enjoys cleaning! (I’m also quite fit if you need some heavy chores)
- I can babysit - I love to play games and be creative.
- I can help you do yoga and meditation.
I’d love to help and learn about gardening or eco-projects. I am a hard worker and a fast learner.
English (Fluent), Indonesian (Native), French (Intermediate), and German (Beginner)