Ich bin gerade
Mein nächstes Reiseziel:United States Alle anzeigen
Hello! My name is Ruth and there are so many places I want to go. In particular, I long to visit Europe, as this is where my ancestors are from, and where so much of the art and culture I know and love was born. My dream is to take my passions for helping others, learning language, working with children, riding and caring for horses, and creative writing, and pursue them all around the world. I want to meet new people and see new things; I have not traveled much beyond the United States, and feel that there is this whole world out there, waiting to be experienced. I was so excited to find this website--which a friend told me about--that when I started reading more about it by myself, I actually screamed from excitement and joy. I cannot wait to start this journey!
Bereiche, die mich interessieren oder in denen ich anderen etwas beibringen kann
Interessiert mich:Tourismus / Gastgewerbe
Bereits etwas Erfahrung vorhandenMithilfe auf einem BauernhofHausarbeitenKunstprojekteHilfe mit Computer /InternetUnterrichten
In der Lage, anderen etwas beizubringen:Babysitten und KinderbetreuungBetreuung von TierenSprachpraxis
Was könntest du arbeiten?
- Horse Riding: I started riding and working with horses when I was eight years old. For three years, I worked at a barn cleaning stalls, feeding and watering horses, and handling various barn maintenance tasks. I have experience handling mares and geldings ages 3 years , but have never handled stallions or horses younger than three years of age. I can groom, lunge, lead, and tack up a horse, and know how to be safe around horses.
- Horse Showing: I started showing horses competitively when I was 10 years old, and continued to do so until I ended my showing career at age 18 in the summer of 2018, in order to fully focus on college. Each summer from 2015 to 2018, I competed in the Appaloosa Youth World Show in Fort Worth, Texas. I competed in the Western Horsemanship, Western Showmanship, Western Pleasure, Bareback, and English Showmanship classes, in the 13-15 age group in 2015, and in the 16-18 age group from 2016-2018. After combining all of my winnings from these four separate World Shows, I won: nine Top Ten World Show titles, four Top Five World Show titles, and two Reserve World Championship titles.
- Horseback Riding Lessons Instructor: From 2016-2018 I worked at the barn where I was a member of the competitive riding team teaching beginner riders the basics of horseback riding. My students were ages 5-12, and I would work with them one-on-one for an hour at a time once a week. I would teach on average four lessons a week. The lessons included grooming, tacking up, riding, and then untacking and grooming again. I learned how to communicate with children with both compassion and firmness, due to the issues of safety around horses. I helped them see that there are potential dangers involved when it comes to working with horses, but that when we follow the rules and pay attention, we can help ourselves be safe. I enjoyed working with my students and watching them progress in their riding capabilities.
- Animal Care: Since I was three years old, I had animals in my home, and have always seen them as my family. I am an only child, so my dogs and cats growing up were essentially my siblings. I have learned how to be responsible for the health and wellness of all sorts of animals: cats, dogs (including elderly dogs), horses (including elderly horses), bunnies, guinea pigs, fish, small birds, and chickens. Recently, I started working as a dog sitter, so I also have experience caring for dogs that are not my own, getting to know them and learn their quirks and particular needs in order to make them feel as safe as possible.
- Childcare: I have taken a babysitting class from the Red Cross, and from 2012-2014, babysat a brother (ages 8-10) and sister (ages 5-7). I am trained in first aid and CPR. I also have an innate love for interacting with children. I love their curiosity and how they think, how they learn. I have thought about pursuing a degree in developmental psychology at some point, because of this interest. I want to be able to help children with their problems because I know what it is like to be a child with different issues who needs an empathetic adult to help them get through things.
- Tutoring: When I was a freshman in high school (age 14-15), I tutored a nine-year-old girl with learning difficulties in math, reading, writing, and social skills. I found the work I did with her to be highly rewarding, because when we started our sessions, she was quite shy and distracted; but, after our several months together, she was much more talkative and relaxed, and was less resistant towards working on the academic things she struggled with. I have also tutored Academic English Studies (English as a second language in college). So far I have worked with two students of different levels of English, and intend to continue my work with more AES students for the rest of my college career. I help these students with reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills, including those specific to the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test.
- Writing: In high school, I earned a score of 4 on the College Board Advanced Placement (AP) English Language and Composition test, and a score of 5 on the AP English Literature and Composition test. I love creative writing, and have always loved English class in school.
Was noch ...
I am pretty laid back and more of an introvert. I am content staying in and reading or watching a movie, having good conversation over a good meal, versus going out and partying. I am Jewish, but not religious; however, I am curious to learn more about my people's history, in particular, that of the Ashkenazim from Eastern Europe who I am descended from. Sometimes I feel awkward trying to have a conversation in Spanish (the language I'm learning), but I definitely want to work on getting over this feeling by having more conversations with native speakers and being immersed in the language itself, as well as other languages--I dream of being surrounded by words I do not know, and words I'm still working to understand.
Etwas mehr Information
Walnuts, pecans, and sulfa (the medicine).
I don't eat red meat or pork.